HS advice - to take a break or not

I think Fantasmic is really awesome. Last Nov., I lost my cell phone in RnRC just before heading to Fantasmic. The show was good enough to make me forget about my phone even though I’d seen it before. That’s how good it is LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think that’s just what I’ll have to do. See how the day goes and pull the plug late afternoon if we need to!

That’s a VERY good indicator of how good the show is lol. I hope we can make it all day to see it!

1 Like

So I’m 34 and couldn’t push through lol!
I think HS is a little different, though, because the shows have you sitting down and watching something. You can take snack and drinks in most which means it’s more of a break rather than something more.

For what it’s worth, we just got back, and we did rope drop to Fantasmic with a 3 and 5 year old, and they were ok. HS has a lot of shows - we did Frozen, Muppets, and Little Mermaid - so those kind of serve as downtime break. Some Fantasmic advice, though - don’t get a fastpass. I got one and thought I was lucky, but when we got there the fastpass “section” (fully 1/3 of the amphitheatre) is exactly the same as the non fastpass section, but it’s at the right side of the theatre, whereas the exit is towards the left, much closer to the regular section - it took us about 20 minutes in a “so tight you can’t go anywhere” crush of people to get out, while the non fastpass people were out much sooner.

1 Like

I agree 500% !!! Fantasmic FP+ is such a waste. Not only is it useless in itself but it prevents you from getting any additional day-of FP+. Really bad.

If you want to get really good seats without wasting any time showing up 90 minutes in advance, the dessert box is not too expensive and is IMO a really good option.

1 Like

That’s really good to know about the fastpass. I actually added a second day to go to HS just at night time. I got fastpasses for SDD, TOT and Fantasmic. We are only going to go to the park for 5pm. Think you could get in with the fastpass and then move and sit closer to the exit? I don’t really need the fastpass for anything else.

1 Like

Not sure. The time I had a FP+ we were herded like sheep and there was so many people, it was a bit overwhelming. You can certainly try but maybe don’t count on it too much…

Good to know. I guess we will see what happens. I’m mostly just excited for another chance to ride SDD :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

We’re doing the same as you but RnR rather than ToT. I went for the F! Fastpass as I didn’t need it for anything else and had been told that it would reduce our queuing time. (Going the week before Easter when parks will be crowded.)

I’ll be there on April 8th so I can let you know how I make out! I was also just hoping it would reduce the amount of time we need to wait in line for.

1 Like

Oh yes please report back! :crossed_fingers: it works out well for you, have a great time!

1 Like