HS a 1?

We are going to WDW end of April, touring plans has HS a 1 for two of the days and a 2 for another. With all the new attractions when planning our day how much different you think HS will be, I can’t see it being a 1 any day, thanks

HS CLs have dropped… sometimes significantly…since SWGE opened, and even with RotR open.

2 Likes

Given the new opening of RofR and the soon to be open MMRR, I think it’s too early to rely on CL for DHS for April. There’s no good historical comp for this situation. If I were going, I would plan on it being much busier and then be happily surprised if it’s less crowded.

3 Likes

I will be there the same week and as much as I would love for it to be 1 and 2’s, I am not expecting it to be

We are also going end of April. I’m watching the same thing and wondering if it will make more sense to rearrange some plans to switch which parks on what days. Hopefully, we have a better idea when we get closer to FP+ day!

Ours just dropped to 1 as well. We’re going in February. We have doubts.

1 Like

Be aware that these CLs are not reliable until about 60 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days)

Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019. Also, sometimes that far in advance they are just using the historical data from that calendar date and not adjusted for the day of the week.

For example if your trip starts on a Monday, that day was probably a Sat. or Sun. in 2019. So you might see a CL10 because this year that “date” was a weekend. When they update the calendar in 2020 they’ll adjust for that date being on Monday this time.

Basically, start making your plans and seeing what TP suggests is the best plan. However, know that you’ll “real” plan won’t be ready until after you get your FPP booked.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 60 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 60 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

Each crowd calendar has their own way of getting their number. I like to look at multiples to get a better idea of when it is a “slower” time to go. CLs for a specific date aren’t reliable.