HS- 50's prime, or sci-fi?

im about 43 days out, and second guessing my reservation at sci fi.

I absolutely loved Sci Fi, and although the food at 50s appeals, the theme doesn’t.

1 Like

My husband and I like both. Theming will be personal preference. 50s food will likely be the best choice for a broader range of tastes, but we also love the burgers and fries as SciFi. But their turkey sandwich was very bland. If you’re going just for food, I’d pick 50s but I also think both are worth doing at least once.

1 Like

I prefer the food at SciFi over 50’s. Our waitress was ok, but the kids really liked it. I didn’t like the stuffed pork chop I ordered 2 weeks ago. It was way over spiced with what I think was caraway or maybe fennel. The same pungent spice was even on the potatoes and carrots. However the shakes were really good and the peanut butter cake was also delicious.

1 Like

Love them both. Always prefered 50’s until last trip in January when Sci-fi really stepped up the food.

DH & I split the salmon salad and the reuben. both were outstanding. DD got the strip steak and loved it.

I’m giving the slight edge to Sci-fi as of right now.

1 Like

First time to both (50’s and Sci-Fi) in early March 2018.

Close call indeed, but I preferred Sci-Fi.
In my opinion, the food was about of equal quality, while the theming was better at Sci-Fi.
50’s was way louder and our waiter was really busy compared to Sci-Fi.

My children also preferred the Sci-Fi, but my wife preferred the 50’.

1 Like

The introvert in me much prefers Sci-Fi

3 Likes

My DH and I enjoyed Sci Fi on our honeymoon. I did 50s with my family when I was a teen. While it was fun that the server picked on my mom when she didn’t finish her food, my DH and kids wouldn’t enjoy that if it happened to them. So we booked Sci Fi. We are at 44 days, so we will be there at the same time.

3 Likes

We like them both. We held off eating at SciFi for a long time because of bad reviews about the food, but were pleasantly surprised when we ate there. My kids love the movie clips. We’ve picked basic foods like burgers and shakes and enjoyed them.

I remember 4 years ago the general sense from Liners and the broader Disney community was that the food at 50’s was much better that Sci-fi. Now, however, I’m hearing across the board that Sci-fi has stepped up their game in recent years. Last time we really enjoyed 50’s. Now we’re looking forward to sci-fi on our next trip.

3 Likes

That’s been our experience for sure. I only agreed to Sci-fi on this last trip because DD11 really loves the place.

The service was better than previous trips and all of the food was very good.

I think another that helps in enjoying Sci-fi is knowing what you’re walking into.
The first time we went there, I was put off by the deafing silence in the place. With the lights so low, I think people naturally keep their voices down or speak very little in general. All we could hear was utensils touching plates.
Once you are aware of this situational anomaly, it just becomes part of the charm and uniqueness of the place.

3 Likes