How to use third day?

That 9 p.m. close day would probably be a good one for evening touring.

Agree with this as well, for Friday and Saturday night of this oat week. It was not true on Thursday night though, the parks were crazy until close. Last night Diagon Alley was empty at 9:30pm, we had ice cream at Florians (no line, we were only people in there), took pictures, and then rode Gringotts at 9:50 and were the only people in the express pass line so had an elevator to ourselves. From 8pm until 9:30pm we rode every ride in US (except the kiddie stuff though we did ride ET) and Gringotts. Everything was walkon for express, and maybe 5-10 min without. Friday night Forbidden Journey was posted 25 minutes at 8pm. It was fantastic, and this was the Friday and Saturday after Easter so high crowds during the day.

1 Like

Thank you both! I hope that we have the same luck when we go for evening touring, I would love to ride things at night, or do spells. Is that Hogwarts light show worth seeing more than once if it’s available? Does it effect the night crowd? I know it’s happening now.

We watched the lights on Friday, it is only 6 minutes long so once should be sufficient. I wasn’t really impressed. It recurs every 20 minutes.

Got it. Silly question, but does the Forbidden Journey run while it’s going on, or do they close it for the night?

I’m interested in this. I watched a video online and they didn’t look that good. I’m leaving early on both of my UOR days to have dinner at WDW but wondered if this was a mistake because of missing out on the lights and nighttime atmosphere.

Runs the whole time.

I would stay until close, if only for this:

That is Diagon Alley last night. No one was there!

2 Likes

But the price I’d pay for that is cancelling Jiko!

Oh no! Jiko is amazing! You can’t cancel that. What do you have the other night after leaving UOR early?

Tiffins, followed by (I hope) Na’vi FPP then regular line FOP!

Well I can’t argue against that either. The solution is obvious- add more days to your trip! I know you hate making changes and rarely do, but this is one you should do. :rofl:

1 Like

WOW! Was that after it closed, or just at night?

Last half an hour before closing in Diagon Alley, but the rest of the park was empty from 8-10pm last night.

I did that last year. It tripled the cost of my flight!

That’s okay! It’s a once in a lifetime experience!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Do you know how I report someone for bullying?

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lol! So, I was thinking about a solution about the sleeping in, or going to the early entrance, and I thought about this. What about if I went to the park that doesn’t have early entrance at the time it opens for everyone else on that first day instead? Would that still avoid the crowds while giving us that extra sleep?

One year, UO had the extra hour, and every time after it was IOA.

You could do that, but bear in mind that the non-EE park will still probably open about 10-20 minutes early and you will want to be near the front of the pack. I honestly wouldn’t stress about it too much.