How to spend a little solo waiting time in HS?

DD and DH have a reservation for Savi’s at lunchtime on our HS day, which means I will have approximately 45 to 60 minutes to wait for them. I’m leaning toward getting a beverage (maybe something alcoholic and fruity) and/or snack and if I can find somewhere not too hectic just taking a break to wait for them. But HS is the one park that I don’t have a great prior food/drink experience I want to repeat or something on my bucket list I want to try. I haven’t been to HS since SWGE opened, and I haven’t been in any lounges on previous trips. Any suggestions on where I should go and what I should try?

Oga’s Cantina is really cool! It has great atmosphere and you would be fine just hanging out at the bar on your own. It is a bit hectic/energetic inside, but that’s part of the experience.

BaseLine Tap House also looked really cool, but I haven’t been inside yet. I’d check out their menus and see what food and drink appeals to you!

2 Likes

What about Ogas?

I think HBD has a lounge.

Personally though I would spend it either in Galaxy’s Edge with the Play Disney app on, or go into One Man’s Dream. With a drink in a refillable cup. :grin:

1 Like

This is my recommendation too - nice and relaxed, indoor or outdoor seating. Excellent people watching opportunities.

I second reviewing menus. You don’t necessarily need to separate from them in SWGE… you could head separate ways from another location.

I like the Brown Derby Lounge, and there are excellent people watching opportunities there as well. It’s not too hectic because it seems like a lot of people don’t know about it, or are intimidated by the fact that it’s at the Brown Derby. But they’re friendly and not very fancy, IMHO.

4 Likes

Get a reservation at Oga’s to make sure to get in

I’d add a vote for Baseline, which is nice since you can be sure of getting to sit and no need for a reservation. I would add though that Savi’s is much closer to a 20-30 min experience. 2 people from my group went and I thought I’d run to TSMM with a FP while I waited and they were done before I was done with that ride. It went much quicker to make a lightsaber than I expected.

1 Like

Do you need an ADR for the lounge? I’m headed to DW solo and did make an ADR for BD but really think I would be more comfortable at the lounge/bar

1 Like

No, you do not. And they have a menu, so you should be fine. Brown Derby Lounge Menu I waited there for the family to do ToT and RnR, and it was great for singles.

I agree with the Brown Derby Lounge recommendation. As @Pod says there is a great opportunity for people watching and my DH got to see the Stormtroopers march by when we were there.

1 Like

No Stormtroopers anymore. :frowning:

We are all going to see Oga’s earlier that morning, guess I should have led with that!

I actually haven’t been in there, so that’s a good suggestion!

I had originally budgeted that but the topic came up a few weeks ago and it was suggested that it would be closer to 45-60 minutes. I’ll report back on how long it took them.

So I’m going to menu compare between HBD lounge and Baseline. If I want to sit I’ll go to one of those and if I want to see something new I’ll go to One Man’s Dream.

Thanks, everyone!

2 Likes

Brown Derby Lounge. Tune In Lounge (50s prime time)

2 Likes

One Man’s Dream is really good and worth seeing if you haven’t done it.

2 Likes

SWGE really has a lot of interesting stuff to see and places where you can just walk up and get food or drink to go. It’s a very large area so in that small amount of time it would be easy to see many interesting things as you walk around with your food.

1 Like