How to see animals at AKL?

Hi! We have 5 nights booked at WL in early December, but decided on flying in one day earlier and extending a bit. Booked that first night at AKL since no more avail at WL. Excited to check it out for the one night (WL is our fave but wanted something new and different that 1st night). Just got a standard view room, so no animal view from our balcony, lol…but I’ve been told there are viewing areas etc…any suggestions? Never even visited the resort.

Why no animal views? Use the touring plans room request! Rooms 3216-3238 or 4216-4238.

1 Like

Wow! Is that a standard view?! Impressive.

1 Like

Yes, those photos are all from 4238 or 4218 I think.

1 Like

And should you. It get a room that has these fabulous views, there are plenty of areas from which to view the animals, most very near to your room.

1 Like

And if you don’t get one of these rooms, there are numerous “public” viewing areas throughout the lodge, and of course there’s Arusha Rock directly off the back of the lobby.

2 Likes

We had a flamboyance of flamingos right outside our standard view room and saw giraffes and some type of white hoofed creature frequently as well from our balcony. room 4485 Also night-vision goggles are available from sunset until 2 hours later at some spots. Enjoy.

3 Likes

That’s what she said. She being me. I said that. Lol.

1 Like

We took PrincipleTinker’s advice and requested her room blocks. We ended up having to change rooms that day (we had two kids scared of sleeping on the top bunk) but still got an awesome view. Here’s 3351.

3 Likes

Yay! Great view !