How to notify Disney of late arrival

It looks like they’re both Boeing 737s - max 8 and max 9. I wouldn’t even have thought to look at that! Thank you!

1 Like

Nor us at Heathrow. We were part of a tour group and were shepherded at speed across the tarmac to a waiting Amsterdam bound plane where the passengers entertained themselves by giving us the stinkeye for delaying their flight.

Good times.

2 Likes

That airport has this huge United commuter section, all the way at the end, that is the 7th ring of airport hell. Luckily that is not where the Maxes come in.

From what I can tell, Chicago flights come into multiple gates in the C & D concourse and the Orlando flights leave from multiple gates in C&D. So your gates could be right next to each other, or a good distance away.

The good news - C and D are right next to each other - it is a straight shot, no branches or turns. The bad news is, C & D make up the longest concourse in the world with no moving sidewalk. One end to the other is kilometer. It is highly unlikely that you will have to go a full kilometer, but plan on a potential 0.5 kilometer dash.

3 Likes

When we went from the US and landed in Milan (which was our final stop) we had to show passports after exiting the plane in Milan (our first stop in Italy).

When we flew home from Venice, our first flight was Venice to Paris (before flying Paris to Detroit and Detroit to Louisville), we had to show passports again in the Paris airport after exiting that flight from Venice.

My passport was stamped in Milan and Paris. I was only in the Paris airport. I didn’t stay in the city.

3 Likes

On our tour in 84, my passport never got a stamp. We went thru customs at Amsterdam. Probably Vienna and Frankfurt, tho I don’t recall. It’s probably in my trip notes.

I don’t claim to have visited the UK since all we did was run from one plane to another. :blush:

2 Likes

This has been my experience as well. I’ve only connected a couple of times internationally, once from Mexico (into Texas where they do not mess around…) and once from Aruba. But Aruba has US customs located in their airport, so we actually did the immigration stuff before departing. Then our connection within the actual US was the same as any other domestic connection. That was pretty cool.

3 Likes

Sunset over Heathrow.

6 Likes

In the line for security.

10 Likes

This flight is not going to leave on time. I am trying not to panic about making my next connection.

4 Likes

I have everything crossed for you!

2 Likes

What.
The.
HELL?!

:people_hugging::people_hugging:

2 Likes

Gawrsh, it’d be magical if Chicago agents would reroute you to Orlando. Skipping DC.

:four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Got in to Dulles at almost exact the time the Orlando flight was due to leave. Fortunately(?) bad weather in Orlando means that that flight is delayed by an hour and hasn’t started boarding yet.

14 Likes

You’re almost there!!!

4 Likes

Amen! Finally a break in this luck of yours!

3 Likes

That’s great fortune!
Hope the last leg goes well :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for an uneventful rest of the flight to MCO.

3 Likes

Made it. So tired. Thanks for all the support!

21 Likes

HOORAY!!!

I hope you have a great time

2 Likes

Yay!!

1 Like