How to maximize the FPP system to minimize ALL of your waits – not just the first three

Exactly!

Thanks for this! Will definitely be using this strategy in December!

3 Likes

This is awesome!!! I think we will use it for our second day at MK in August!! It is effectively what we did in Disneyland last year with MaxPass!

1 Like

This is fantastic!!! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

I have gotten back to back at HS for Star Tours. Didn’t try the others. We have 5 in our family, so back to back is a little tougher to get for some attractions. I did get within an hour for EE at AK and within a 1/2 hour for SE at Epcot. I think I got within a couple of hours for TT. But AK and Epcot are so spread out that having a bit of a gap was ok. We got 4 or 5 extra fastpasses at MK one day, including Buzz, PPF and BTMR. Modifying definitely works. This is a nice explanation of how it works.

2 Likes

And we did overlapping FPs with 5 people for some of the tougher to get FPs.

1 Like

This is awesome! Just what I needed.

The only question I still have is about Tiers. And I know it exists somewhere else. But what is the best way to get a fourth FPP at a tiered park - use the tier 1 last? And do you have to use all three tiered FPP at that park? And, no surprise I am sure, but for us we want to use two Tier 1 FPP at the park.

1 Like

As far as getting the fourth at a tiered park, I’m not sure it much matters since you do need to use all three first anyway; I’m not sure the timing is extremely relevant.

Our family doesn’t do much hopping ever, really, so I haven’t paid enough attention to those discussions to be able to answer the issue of whether using all three at one park is important or not. I don’t think so, but hopefully someone else can chime in here an take the reins on that.

If you want to stay in the same park and are using your first 3, it doesn’t matter what order they are in. If you don’t want to ride the tier 2 attractions, you can let them expire if they are before your tier 1 - but then you won’t be able to move your tier 1 to an earlier slot. Better to tap in but not ride.

If you want to hop, you could just do a tier 1 (or whatever combination) in the first park, and immediately book a tier 1 in the second park.

6 Likes

Thanks @missoverexcited. That’s how I thought it worked, but since we don’t really hop I didn’t want to speak out of turn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can feel you from personal experience that thus strategy really works - I didn’t really believe it until last year when we tried it. We are a group of 5 travelling in August and we got around 8 FPPs on our day in MK (RD to about 5pm).

4 Likes

Thank you so much for this @OBNurseNH. I plan on using this when our fam of 5 goes in Sept. I’ve already prepped my DH that I will be on my phone alot but it will be for this and not FB!

1 Like

Backside of Magic podcast covered the park closing FP strategy to get a next day FP.

Basically you want to book a FP at a ride likely to breakdown at the end of the day. A FP should be booked even if you will not be in the parks.

What rides breakdown? Len helped the podcast with fantastic statistics on breakdown frequency, length of breakdown, and last hour breakdowns .

What to Do When a Disney World Ride Breaks Down

5 Likes

Not a bad strategy as you get to the end of the night. But also one I would not rely on. I would do this only if I was heading out anyway and not needing/wanting to ride anything else that evening.

1 Like

Agreed. And it doesn’t always work. We had an 8.30pm SSE I’d picked up as we were eating dinner at Yachtsman but when we got there at 8.45 it was down - we were told we could use our FP on Nemo, we didn’t get an anytime one.

1 Like

Exactly! If you book a Test Track FP on your way out of the park you have almost a one in four odds of getting a free next day FP.

1 Like

How often does Test Track have FP’s left at the end of the day?

1 Like

That’s a very good point. Might be scarce being a tier 1.

Great explanation! Worked like a charm when we were at MK on Easter. We could have had more FPP but my crew was tired and exhausted by 6pm. :slight_smile: Modify if your best friend when in the parks.

2 Likes

We’ve, family of 3, had a lot of success using this strategy. We typically are able to ride 8+ rides at MK using FP+, slightly less at the other parks. My best story using the modify, modify, modify strategy was from last November at AK. My wife was not feeling well and went back to the hotel. My 7 yr old daughter and I were able to ride FOP 2 extra times, Navi River, Everest and Safari at sunset by grabbing extra FP’s after the first 3.

5 Likes