How to handle first time visit to Wizarding World?

I agree on the merchandise! It truly is top notch- though the robes were a little cost prohibitive for me. (We still had four days at WDW to do after our time in Universal, so I was trying to be very budget conscious at the front end). The theming of the HP world is truly magnificent. My word of warning: we found that the crowds were significantly heavier in the Hogsmeade area and the Diagon Alley areas than anywhere else in the parks while we were there. So be patient, but soak it in. And Ollivanderā€™s experience is fantastic! I cracked and bought my daughter and I both wands while there. It was very fun walking around Hogsmeade and the Alley and ā€œcasting spellsā€!

3 Likes

Thanks to everyone here for the thoughts and advice. We had a great trip. We spent an entire day in the Wizarding Worlds alone. Started in Diagon Alley, then over to Hogsmeade, and back for evening time in Diagon Alley. We bought interactive wands at Olivanders first thing, and my kids cast spells all day long. I think my DD7 ended up doing all but two of them.

We did every ride and show, except Dragon Challenge, which we knew the kids were too short for going in (thank you TP), and missed the Tales of Beedle the Bard, which was a bummer, but our timing was just off on that. DS7 did Forbidden Journey 3 times (his favorite attraction at UO) and Gringotts twice. DD7 did Gringotts, did not like it, and after that decided to take a pass on FJ. But she did explore the Hogwarts castle.

We had lunch at Leaky Cauldron, and an afternoon snack/beer at Three Broomsticks/Hogs Head. Personally, I liked the theming of Three Broomsticks/Hogs Head better, but DW disagrees with me. We all enjoyed our meal and Leaky Cauldron. And yes, loved butterbeer. However, we had one big disagreement on this: My DS7 insists frozen butterbeer is better, and my DD7 says regular butterbeer is the way to go.

Thanks again for all the help!

4 Likes

So glad you all had a great time! For what itā€™s worth, Iā€™m with your DS7 on the frozen butterbeer! :blush:

1 Like

Our first trip is coming up in May (so excited) Motherā€™s Day will be our first day in the parks and it is going to be ALL about the Wizarding World on that day. Thanks to all for the suggestions and to DCJP for posting and especially for the follow up on your trip. This has helped me out a ton.

1 Like

If you are going to devote that much time to it - make sure you take advantage of all the ā€œunseenā€ experiences. Olivanders, all the shops, ride the express a few times. and for the love of all - have ButterBear something (everything).

3 Likes

I vote for a frozen Butterbeer! SO STINKING GOOD.

3 Likes

https://touringplans.com/ebooks there is an e book in this link with all the hidden wwohp easter eggs as well as hints ant tips. It is a really good read.

2 Likes