How to fit in Wilderness Explorers into TP

We have never done the Wilderness Explorers at AK, and want to try it. I am trying to add it to my touring plan, but it always wants to add it at the end. Wouldn’t we need to get it at the start of the day, so we have time to complete it? The other problem I see with this is that it would delay me from getting to Expedition which is my first stop of the day without a fastpass.

We did not work them into our plans and still we did just fine. Most badges are earned in just a minute or two. The longest set is at the Conservation Station, and took about 10 minutes. You can do them as you encounter them, or whenever it works for you. The books can be gotten in several locations - perhaps even all of them - not only at the front. We got ours on the Pangani Trail either just before or just after the Safari. In two trips we are about 2/3 through. It is a lot of fun and really keeps the kids engaged when/where they might otherwise start to get antsy or pouty.

Enjoy!!!

I feel like we have a lot of extra time in our plan at AK. Would Wilderness Explorers be fun for a kid at heart adult and another adult who is super competitive?

That’s great! I didn’t know that you could sign up at any of the points, and I worried that if we stopped to sign up at the entrance, we would have a long wait at expedition. We have big crowds the week we are going! Mostly’s 8’s!!

1 Like

Some might be. Others are definitely meant for the younger set. Since it’s aimed at the littles, I would step aside for littles and let them do their thing

1 Like

Our touring levels are always high because of limitations on when we can go, and we still worked a bunch in.

Go and do EE, then move on. Pretty sure you can get a book on the Maharajah Trek trail too. We haven’t made it there yet.

1 Like

That’s what I thought, but wanted to verify. Thanks!

1 Like

WITH our kids WE is one of the most fun things at AK. Personally, without them I would skip it. But I’m a fuddy duddy

1 Like