How to choose vacation rental house

Hi @Bubblez - I did hear back from Marriott on this and they confirmed that the tool is broken. Their phone system is definitely absolutely terrible but I’m hopeful that they didn’t just eat your money! Did you hear back?

Hello, Melissa,

Thank you for reaching out. I am happy to assist!

I reviewed your reservation for August 19-25, 2021 and verified it is, in fact, confirmed. The second deposit payment is due on August 05, 2021 . The system will automatically charge the credit card on file when the second half of the payment becomes due.

We are aware that the “Look Up Reservation” function is temporarily unavailable on the Homes & Villas website. The team is actively working to resolve this problem, but I do not have an exact timeline as to when it will be corrected.

In the meantime, I included a copy of your folio for your review.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to help.

Thank you for choosing Homes & Villas by Marriott International for your stay, and I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Best,

Leanne Y.
The Homes & Villas by Marriott International Team

2 Likes

I did! I ended up using a chatbot of all things, but I got through! They also confirmed that the Lookup Reservation feature was broken as well. If they hadn’t taken a 50% deposit up front, I might have had a bit more patience than I ended up showing at the end.

I was so frazzled by that point that I just asked for the refund of the deposit and cancellation of the reservation.

While I am sad that we lost such a great place, however, I’m not sorry to see the 20-minute commute that came with it go as well. I’m glad you have a good manager that communicates with you and that it was just my anxiety and poor system management that foiled my plans after all!

2 Likes

I am just seeing these updates about the problems with Marriott homes and villas. So sorry! I hope things work out. In my case I’m glad I went with a hotel b/c when my DS14 got sick unexpectedly it was simple to change dates. I have not yet made any vacation rentals ever and would prefer for my first one to be during a less booked up time, when I can plan much more in advance. Everything I read about that Marriott program was positive, but it sounds like some of you aren’t having a good experience, which makes me more wary of them for the future.

2 Likes

I really think that the only issue is that their online “check your reservation” system isn’t working right now. Otherwise in reality both of our rentals are in fine shape. And the cancellation policy cannot be beat for an apartment/villa type of rental.

1 Like

After a few days of sheer panic, I was able to get through to somebody who issued the full refund with no questions asked.

I probably just overreacted because it was my first time using them and the lack of accessibility to someone by phone was exceptionally infuriating after having no response by email.

Honestly, I will probably end up trying them again…though I’ll wait a year or so for them to get this thing figured out. And I’d start with a cheaper stay/shorter length.

4 Likes