How soon is too soon to book?

I’m eyeballing an end of summer 2019 week long WDW trip for our family of four. The last time we went was in 2015.

Question: When should I book my trip (hotel and passes)? For our last trip, I booked in early Feb. for an end of August trip. Worked fine, but. Is there too soon of a time? Or a sweet spot I should be shooting for?

Even though it’s 15 months away, I could nail down dates and hotel choice(s) today if I wanted to.

Would love others thoughts and advice on booking far in advance. THANKS!

(Meanwhile, of course I’ve been “planning” this return trip since the day we left WDW a few years back.)

Depending on the resort ASAP. The poly sold out of standard rooms for the last week of November 2018 in August of 2017.

I don’t think there’s ever a ‘too soon’ as long as you don’t book something non refundable.

Depending on when in the summer you plan on travelling, you may be able to score the free dining deal if you wait 'til next April. I don’t know how/if you can make ADR’s if you don’t have a resort stay booked, though. I suppose you could book a stay, make your ADR’s and then cancel and rebook when free dining or another discount comes up.

ADRs are not tied to anything so you can make them at any point at or within 180 days. The reason to have a hotel reservation before is to be able to get reservations for your entire trip at 180 days and not day by day.

1 Like

If you know what you want I’d book now.

If you’re planning to book through Disney, I would consider a travel agent. Our Disney travel agent checks as new offers come out to see if it saves us money. She booked free dining for us, saving us hundreds of dollars, and we didn’t have to do anything.