How my mind works / What would you do?

The OP is from the UK and there are different rules about canceling and modifying reservations. The same policies for US guests don’t all apply.

Just go. It’s already paid for and if you cancel you’ll just end up rebooking.

You know you will

4 Likes

Hear hear

And then there’s the “voice of reason”… although when is @OBNurseNH ever wrong about such things? (Never)

1 Like

As @gamusicman said, the booking terms and conditions in the UK are far more aggressive than they are in the US. Any change that does not increase the cost of a trip results in an immediate charge of £50.

Thank you to (almost) everyone who has contributed their thoughts.

It seems to me the most sensible thing to do is to wait until July. Either the June trip will have happened, or — thanks to coronavirus — it will not. If it has and if it turns out to be everything I’d hoped, it’s really very hard to argue in favour of a second trip this year. Especially if that effectively means no trip next year.

If the June trip doesn’t happen or is disappointing in some sense, then the case for returning in October grows stronger.

There is no need to make a decision now. I won’t make any additional expenditure towards the October trip (e.g. booking MNSSHP) until I’ve made the call in July. And if I do decide to cancel, the delay will not affect my rights to a refund.

As for my non-refundable 14 day, park hopper, water park, memory maker tickets . . . there are a number of possibilities.

1. Create two dummy profiles and add them to my June on-site booking. Allocate the tickets to the dummy profiles, and my friend and I can have six FPPs a day in June.

2. Use them for the October trip if it goes ahead.

3. Sell them.

4. Give them away.

5. See if Disney will turn them into something else, like tickets for next year or even allow me to put them towards an annual pass which I could activate next year.

Option 5 seems appealing and sensible, but it requires Disney to be reasonable and not money-grabbing. My hopes aren’t high.

5 Likes

I don’t know about 1-4 but 5 seems possible. Many convert their tickets and such to AP’s and they are good for 365 days from first use. My wife bought them and now we will go in the middle of April, end of August, and next March. We live a long ways away from WDW but we are going for it this year. Might even throw in a trip to Universal and Key West.