How much do "normal" people know about WDW planning?

Happens to me all the time.:rofl:

2 Likes

I was having a conversation with my TA through a facebook post recently regarding the fast pass changes at HS and another friend of mine commented that she is going in 60 days and had no idea what we were talking about! I reached out and encouraged her to message me if she wanted any help but so far I havenā€™t heard from her. :grimacing: I hope she and her family have a fun time but I feel bad that she has no idea what kind of mess they may be walking into at Hollywood Studios.

My dentist was telling me about their recent Disney trip when he learned that I was planning a trip. He said to make sure and buy the fast passes because they were so helpful. Of course, it was his wife that did the planning.
I mentioned some interesting add-ons to a friend of mine that has been at least twice. There was one that she didnā€™t know about but wished they had done. I donā€™t understand that.

How Liners appear to normal people:

9 Likes

I went in 2016 for Christmas and had the best trip. I had researched, consulted, planned to the last minute, and it paid off. Now Iā€™m going again this June and Iā€™m overwhelmed by all the changes. If you donā€™t keep up with Disney, you can really be out of the loop fast. It some ways, I felt like I was starting at ground zero. However, this forum was my first stop to getting up to speed. Liners are so knowledgeable and helpful! You guys are the best!

2 Likes

This is how Iā€™ve been putting my DD4 to bed. She asks for ā€œDisney storiesā€ and I walk through our agendaā€¦through the airport, through the hotel, through our TPs.

8 Likes

Same thing here, except with my own husband last night, after I mentioned possibly switching one of our fastpasses to a different park.

ā€œCan you do that? Didnā€™t we already pay for it?ā€

Le sigh. Iā€™ve explained how it works a bunch of times, but Iā€™m beginning to suspect heā€™s not listening when I talk about Disney plans.

4 Likes

Every day I was at Hollywood studios was filled with people coming in 2-3 hours after park opening thinking they could ride rise of the resistance.

The vast majority or people do not plan, or dislike it.

1 Like

I do this sort of thing with my boys (7&5). I want them excited and prepared for all the rides! I show videos, talk about the hotel the pool, the rides, the snacks, etc! My 5 year old has actually literally CRIED twice (twice!) when we were discussing snacks because he ā€œwants to go to Disney World right now!ā€ to eat them! lol! And heā€™s never been before!

We have a countdown chain and every night (usually at dinner) one of us takes a ring off, announces how many days are left, and something they are looking forward to. It helps get everyone familiar with our itinerary and opportunities for food/rides/experiences.

4 Likes

We (Kids and I) do itinerary reviews on neighborhood walks with the dog!

My DD7 was telling me that she didnā€™t want to go to Disney this time. She even erased it off the calendar. (Itā€™s on my monthly calendar already woohoo!)
I pressed her on it, and come to find out - she doesnā€™t want to go because she doesnā€™t know what weā€™ll be doing! Sheā€™s afraid she wonā€™t like any of the rides. I told her thatā€™s easily solvable - time to do an itinerary review. :smiley:

2 Likes

LOL I can relate. I created DD4 a countdown calendar starting at 110 days. At 73 days, she said its taking too long, and can we go now?!?!

2 Likes

Iā€™m so glad to hear this is a thing!

1 Like

I started one for my DS4 & DS6 starting at 100 days and I heard that a time or two! We are at 10 days now so in addition to that number weā€™re counting down the number of school days.

2 Likes

I canā€™t totally relate. Iā€™m at 21 days and Iā€™m counting down the number of work days. :joy:

2 Likes

We do countdowns by week until we get to about 4 - 6 wks out when we switch to days.

I was going to say this was mostly to make things easier for younger kids but nope. It works better on the non- listening adults as well.