How much do "normal" people know about WDW planning?

We have been to Disney many times but last year was the first time we stayed on site(OKW) and I must say it was the BEST by far because I planned every little thing down to ADR, fastpasses and everything else I could I cannot wait to go back next year to AKL so I can decide which resturants to eat at when my 180 days come round and which parks we will visit on what days let the fun begin.

2 Likes

Yes! I have tried to help several friends and family members and the response is basically crickets.

1 Like

I would love to have that link, too!

Thanks! Some of us will be anxiously waiting!

1 Like

It’s up.

1 Like
7 Likes

I have a love/hate relationship with the planning. On the one hand, I really miss the pre-Fastpass days when you could just wing it because everybody else was winging it, too. And I’m a west coaster who goes to Disneyland more often, which is still much more relaxed–aside from maybe Blue Bayou you can really get any dining reservations the day before or morning of.

On the other hand, I’ve already drafted plans for our December trip and will probably tweek them often in the meantime, and I can’t say my twisted little calendar-using, color-coding heart isn’ into it.

3 Likes

Great! Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

is it wrong that i have planned ‘time to just wander’ on our second to last day we are doing some early morning AK before brunch at raglan rd, then bit of shopping etc but going to MK fireworks so the plan is that we go whenever we feel ready to go and then just wander taking in sights of main street, maybe even have a ride on the train or main street vehicles watch the fireworks and depending on how tired everyone is stay for the kiss goodnight. We do not need to ride any rides as have bog breakfast before opening next day and will already have done all of fantasyland earlier in week. So i have planned an evenign of no planning

5 Likes

100% perfection IMHO!

3 Likes

Yes. Yes it is.

We had one night in MK we met up with our neighbors who are Disney experts. They don’t need a map, know all the shortcuts etc. if was the only time on our trip I didn’t have to keep looking at the map and it wS glorious. I looked around and noticed the park and other people. I swear I was so focused on getting to each attraction I didn’t even notice stuff the rest of the trip.

Agreed, I don’t look at the nap but I’m sometimes so focused on getting to the next attraction that I miss what’s around me.

It was also the only time we bought a snack and actually sat down. The funnel cakes at whatever that place is called. Sadly 2 or the 3 were over cooked. I hope to do more of that.

1 Like

I think having some of that time built in is important. Whether you create it as you have, or set it throughout a plan by inserting “breaks” it’s a great thing to slow down and take it in!

4 Likes

That is perfect. You get to enjoy wandering and not be worried about what you could/should be doing b/c you planned it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

16 Likes

Remember i suggested this to you? And you hummed and hawed?

I think I called it “planned spontaneity”.

You really should try it sometime. Oh wait, those two hours you have … well guess what? You now have some planned spontaneity in your plan. Ha ha, gotcha! :rofl:

5 Likes

It’s only horrifying when you have whiny, tired, annoying, kids bugging the living crap out of you - which you don’t, so it will be awesome. My husband could sit and look at those swinging monkeys, or lemurs (?) for hours (near ROL). The beauty is you can do ANYTHING YOU WANT. Most of us don’t have that luxury so shut up and enjoy it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am certain you will find it thus.

Many people enjoy being horrified; I suggest this is a good experiment for you.