How many splits are too many in a split stay with 3 kids?

I am trying to find a pic of our set up… My husband built us a little trailer we use for camping, and we pull it to FL when we go, so the van is empty (except for all the stuff the kids have to have to travel). So far I have not been able to get by with just the trailer…we started putting a luggage carrier bag on top with our big double stroller, and now we usually bring that too. It’s so nice to not have the luggage in the van!

1 Like

YES!!! I have noticed that a little effort to coordinate (or at least not clash) makes for much better pics! Our photopass pics are what I use for our “professional” family portraits!

1 Like

This is the only pic I can find! It’s from the IL toll road system and was mailed to us because there were no attendants during covid, so we had to pay online. I saved it, cuz I’m a geek and it made me happy. It’s hanging on our fridge!
Our little trailer is perfect! Fits 4 tubs and a giant tent for camping or a bunch of suitcases, a big cooler and our boogie boards.

2 Likes

This is why I love the liners forum so much! No one in my real life could possibly understand this!

2 Likes

The clothing stacks, the printed out schedule, the abundance of pillows… love it!

3 Likes

I am currently putting together my spreadsheet for matching shirts for our July trip. What we have, what needs to be replaced, what new shirts need to be created. Later this week I will be sending my aunt (newcomer on our trips) an email with her design choices for the days when our shirts only match in theme, not complete design. In a few weeks I get to put together the packing spreadsheet with which outfits go in which color packing cube. Then I get to lay it all out on the bed like @qwerty6 and assign it to it’s rightful cube. Some might say I have control issues. They are correct.

And speaking of packing cubes, my plan is to have one color of cubes for each resort. Plus one color for the stuff that goes to all the resorts…toiletries, swim gear, “just in case” shirts, ears, MBs, etc… I think packing and unpacking should be fairly easy. We will be renting a van so we can have the bag that stays in the van and the bag that comes in the resort. Just a quick swap of cubes at each resort.

3 Likes

This reminds me of my trip with my bff. Literally every picture is harsh bc our entire wardrobes clashed with each other. Every single day. It was sad.

2 Likes

:frowning:

I really have to find out more about these cubes…I think I would love them…you should see my laundry system! Ha! my kids’ friends are always in awe when they see it.

Honestly, I’m just trying to figure out if my kids even have real clothes. After 13 months of remote learning and “Mom, no one cares if I’m wearing PJ bottoms as long as they can’t see them…” :laughing:

4 Likes

Well now I wanna see it!! Pictures!!

Here are some basic ones from Amazon. There are lots of options.

I am in awe of all of you who coordinate matching outfits! We clashed a little last week. Oh well. We did have coordinated outfits at UOR.

AK not as bad.

UOR

7 Likes

We homeschool. I encourage them to stay in underwear/pjs so I don’t have to do laundry!

6 Likes

I love the Daisy pic. I’ve never seen her in on.

2 Likes

I’m just now realizing that we probably need to find / pick masks that will not clash with Universal among all our Disney masks. Even something that isn’t overtly themed to Disney will do.

3 Likes

We ended up wearing our Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff masks for all three UOR days. We also each had at least two blue/yellow t-shirts. But we double-masked at UOR due to crowds, so it was easy to reuse the outer mask.

1 Like

@Jeff_AZ have you seen the disposable paper masks for kids that are Harry Potter themed on Amazon? I think they have some Disney ones as well. I was so bummed they didn’t come in adult sizes!

1 Like

And Jurassic Park masks!

1 Like

There’s Dr. suess masks on amazon too

1 Like

I dress myself (duh), DD and DS at WDW. DH packs and picks out his clothes. I suggested he bring decent stuff on our first family trip to WDW, but he just grabbed some random tee shirts and shorts. When we looked through our pictures he noticed that everyone else looked nice (though still casual) and he looked like he was coming from the gym.

He was more amenable to my suggestions for our last trip :grinning:

6 Likes