How many have you done?

Those are things I haven’t yet done. That’s 20, which means I have done 30. But several of these I plan to rectify in December, such as:

• Visit the Monorail Resorts
  • Get a Celebration Button
  • Learn About Walt Disney (Specifically, see the exhibit. I have learned about Disney…most recently from watching the Imagineering story.)
  • SKIP the Rides (This will be a theme of our December trip…not that we won’t ride rides, bit that we are focused on other experiences and skipping a lot of the rides in the process.)
  • Tackle the Kitchen Sink Sundae (Not really. We won’t be doing the kitchen sink, but will be going to Beaches and Cream, so I am counting this.)
  • Spend a Day Outside the Parks (We haven’t done this unless you count arrival days, etc. But in December, we have an entire non park day planned now.)
  • Eat a Cupcake (This is a maybe…going to do snacks and desserts we have never tried…which may or may not include a cupcake.)

This would put me at 37. Some of these I don’t expect I would ever do due to zero interest, such as character meals or eating at Victoria and Albert’s.

2 Likes

The only thing I haven’t ever done on that list is the kitchen sink thing. But I’m not a big ice cream fan to begin with.

But @sanstitre_has_left_the_building you’ve been on a behind the scenes tour silly. Just not an “official” one. But from my understanding, the private vip tours should count, as you go behind the scenes. And the guide whom you’ve finally admitted to hating so much, told you LOADS of behind the scenes facts. DUH.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Next time behind the seeds. It’s one of my favorites. I wish they would do a dine in the greenhouse type thing!

1 Like

Nope. Didn’t understand a word of that.

1. Dine with the Characters
  2. See Behind the Scenes
  3. Mountain Challenge
  4. Attend an Epcot Festival
  5. Ride the Classics
  6. Stay from Park Open to Park Close
  7. Eat Some Iconic Disney Snacks
  8. Watch Fireworks Over the Castle
  9. Visit the Monorail Resorts
  10. Take a Ride on the Skyliner
  11. Make a Wish at Cinderella’s Wishing Well
  12. Watch Fantasmic!
  13. Find at Least One Hidden Mickey
  14. Ride Something During Magic Kingdom’s Fireworks
  15. Check Out the Windows on Main Street
  16. Go to a Magic Kingdom Party
  17. Fly on a Banshee
  18. Get a Celebration Button
  19. Compliment a Cast Member
  20. Learn About Walt Disney
  21. Buy a Pair of Ears
  22. SKIP the Rides
  23. Take a Magic Shot
  24. See the Dapper Dans
  25. Ride Carousel of Progress
  26. Meet Mickey Mouse:
  27. Get Your Photo Taken in Front of the Castle
  28. Visit Every Country in EPCOT’s World Showcase
  29. Treat Yourself to a Souvenir
  30. Eat Something You’ve Never Tried Before
  31. Take a Boat Ride
  32. Dine Inside the Castle
  33. Ride Spaceship Earth
  34. Ride Something New
  35. Sleep In (This is relative. 6am is “sleeping in” for me.)
  36. Spend a Day Outside the Parks
  37. Eat Like a Kid
  38. Ride the Magic Kingdom Railroad
  39. Eat Like an Adult
  40. Go Soarin’ Around the World
  41. Spot as Many Animals as You Can on the Tree of Life
  42. See the Festival of Fantasy Parade
  43. Eat a Cupcake (Did this prior to having to go gluten-free. Sadly my cupcake at Disney days are over because Erin McKenna’s stuff is crap.

So that is most of them. 43/50

Most can be remedied except:
Kitchen Sink is impossible due to peanut and wheat allergy. No substitutions allowed for the Kitchen Sink.

Also never happening:
Ride Rise of the Resistance: Everyone needs to experience this mind-blowing attraction, even if you’re not a Star Wars fan.
and
Drink the Blue Milk: It sounds weird and tastes kinda weird too, but you have to order the Blue Milk in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

I have never gotten anything about Star Wars and there are so many other things to do and see I am not wasting my time on a section I have ZERO interest in.

2 Likes

6 Likes

We do exist. I have a few friends who also don’t get it - on on release weekends we would go to the movies and enjoy empty theaters at other stuff.

Look at it this way - the more of us there are, the fewer people are trying to get passes or whatever.

2 Likes

I do know quite a few people in this camp, not that unusual. I was a late convert. As a kid, I didn’t see the appeal, and my family wasn’t that into it. Some kids at my school commented on every normal occurrence with a Star Wars quote, and I found it incredibly annoying at the time. Like for example, if there were a bunch of wet shoeprints in the classroom, they would turn to each other and go, “These tracks are side by side. Sand people travel single file to hide their numbers.” Then I went to the 1997 theatrical re-releases in high school, and something clicked, and I’ve been a pretty intense fan (ok, nerd) of the whole saga since. Highly looking forward to my first visit to GE.

4 Likes

I’m going to be at WDW next week with a friend who hasn’t done Disney in forever. Seriously, probably 30 years? We only have two park days. I really want AK and we are going to MK for the other day. But in the planning phase, I told her that we should consider HS if she’s a big Star Wars fan. Her response was, “I’ve never really been into Star Trek.” :scream::astonished::flushed: Now look, I’m a fan of both. But how do you confuse Star Wars and Star Trek?! It’s just not done! Needless to say, after my moment of shock had passed … I said to her, Magic Kingdom it is then.

4 Likes

HAHA! I may be only tangentially into Star Trek (got stuck seeing the movie with the whales in it during a youth group overnight as a kid because no one else wanted to see what I wanted to see and my dad made me go with him) but even I know the difference.

2 Likes

The ones I have not done:

1. See Behind the Scenes: Take one of the many behind-the scenes tours
  2. Ride Rise of the Resistance: Everyone needs to experience this mind-blowing attraction, even if you’re not a Star Wars fan.
  3. Splurge on Dinner: Victoria & Albert’s is at the top of the splurge list, but there are plenty of places to go fancy!
  4. Make a Wish at Cinderella’s Wishing Well: You’ll find the Wishing Well on the walkway to the right of the Castle – stop by and make a wish!
  5. Watch Fantasmic!: Be sure to check out this nighttime show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at least once!
  6. Find at Least One Hidden Mickey: Hidden Mickeys are all over Disney World and they’re a lot of fun to search for – you might even find other hidden characters too!
  7. Ride Something During Magic Kingdom’s Fireworks: Our suggestion is to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo, or Astro Orbiter.
  8. Check Out the Windows on Main Street: The windows on Main Street U.S.A. feature nods to many Disney Imagineers and others who helped create the park. Look for Walt Disney’s at the very end!
  9. Go to a Magic Kingdom Party: Once the special holiday parties resume at Magic Kingdom, make sure you make plans to attend either Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
  10. Get a Celebration Button: If you’re celebrating anything at Disney World be sure to pick up a free celebration button from Guest Services!
  11. Compliment a Cast Member: Disney World Cast Members make the magic happen every day and you can leave a “cast compliment” via tweet or email.
  12. Learn About Walt Disney: Walk through One Man’s Dream at Hollywood Studios and learn all about Walt.
  13. Buy a Pair of Ears: There are SO many kinds of Minnie and Mickey ears at Disney World it might be hard to pick just one.
  14. SKIP the Rides: Wait, what? Yes, we said skip the rides – enjoy the atmosphere at the parks and look for unexpected fun and surprises.
  15. See the Dapper Dans: Check the times for when you can catch the Dapper Dans performing in the Magic Kingdom.
  16. Drink the Blue Milk: It sounds weird and tastes kinda weird too, but you have to order the Blue Milk in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
  17. Ride Carousel of Progress: You can’t miss this iconic attraction at the Magic Kingdom!
  18. Tackle the Kitchen Sink Sundae: Grab some friends and head to Beaches and Cream and order this massive ice cream sundae.
  19. Visit Every Country in EPCOT’s World Showcase: Don’t skip any of the Pavilions – stop in to shop, eat, drink, or just soak up the atmosphere.
  20. Explore Tom Sawyer Island: This island in the Magic Kingdom isn’t just for kids!
  21. Eat Like an Adult: There’s no shortage of really NICE restaurants at Disney World including Jiko, California Grill, Le Cellier, Morimoto Asia, and more. Make a reservation and enjoy a night out.
  22. Spot as Many Animals as You Can on the Tree of Life: The icon of Disney’s Animal Kingdom features more than 300 animals – how many can you spot?

That’s 22 I haven’t done. Or kind of haven’t done. I mean, I’ve spent time looking for animals on the Tree of Life. But not counted them. I think I’ve been to TSI but as a child, so I don’t remember for sure. Same with CoP…I think I’ve done it but don’t know for sure. I’ve gotten buttons for my kids but not myself. Have looked at the windows on Main Street but not in earnest. Does finding a Mickey on manhole covers count as a Hidden Mickey? RoTR…not my fault. I tried.

I think a lot of people who’ve never watched either have no idea which is which!

We are going for our 4th time in December; we’re sitting at 34. Maybe one day we will do a private tour…:crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

I have done 40 out of 50. A couple like ROTR and the Skyliner opened after my most recent visit. On the Skyliner, it literally opened on the day after we left.

Some I will never be able to convince my family to do, Like Rope Drop parks or stay from open till close. Sleep in late and spend a day outside the parks, they have that down pat.

I’ve done all the food-related ones except for the Kitchen Sink, going to have a really hard time convincing my wife about that one.

A bit embarrassed to admit to missing a couple of simple ones like the wishing well wish and the Tree of Life animals. I’ve walked by them just taking them for granted. On the next trip (December 2021) going to have to take time to smell the roses (and make a wish and count some animals).

1 Like

45 missing 2 (although I was a CP so some of my experiences there likely count, but a non CM can’t take them so not including them,) 10 (too much $$$,) 28 (want to sample before I commit the $,) 31 (I normally tour with a small group,) 49 (I’m not a parade person.)

2 Likes

Oh I forgot one thing I wanted to add to my post.

Do the Caring for Giants Backstage Tour at Animal Kingdom. It is affordable ($30), informative and highly entertaining for just about everyone.

3 Likes

I’m thinking I’ll have to make a stop at the wishing well. I’ve walked by and pointed it out to my girls, but never actually made a wish.

actually surprised I got 30+ as I don’t consider myself a very typical WDW goer :grin:

I did however combine visits as a kid and an adult, separately it would’ve been:

As a kid: 20 (ate like a kid and like an adult)
Adult: 25 (also ate like a kid and like an adult)

I read somewhere that the wishing well is a very popular spot for marriage proposals

2 Likes

40ish. I have done IASW, PP, Dumbo in a day, but I don’t do them willingly- so didn’t count it😹

Also - always get up early for the parks. My favourite time of day.

Only reason I have had a “day off” is a 14 day trip where we only went 9 days.

2 Likes

Agreed! Up Close With Rhinos is awesome too!!

2 Likes