How Long Will it Take to Update Crowd Calendars?

FWIW, when we went in December, we did MK on a party day from RD to 3:00 (closing at 6:00) and had a wonderful time with low crowds and no trouble getting in or out of the park. We did AK the next day and hopped late in the evening for HEA and evening EMH and again had no trouble. The 3rd day we did MK on a party day, but it was torrential rain, so everything was a walk on anyway.

1 Like

My whole reason for going this year is MVMCP. I’m planning to go to the party on a day that we don’t do anything in the A.M. to maximize non-overlapping tickets. Now i wonder if i should go to MK all day before the party. :thinking:

I write to Len Testa today and he said they’re hoping to have the crowd calendars updated by the end of next week.

1 Like

Here’s Two Cents worth:
Only one StarsWar ride!! AND not all of the 14 ac’s are done ,Most die hard Star Wars folks wont show.
Wait till both rides are open and running ,and the rest of the Start Wars land open’
MOST people that I know and talk with are going to wait.
Do to cost and time to get to WDW .
THEY WANT THE WHOLE REAL DEAL .
Thats not to say, the Die Hards will up show …
THINK IT GOING TO BE LESS THAN DISNEY MANGMENT THINKS THAT WILL SHOW UP. YES THERE WILL BE MORE FOLKS THERE FOR STARS WARS OPEN ,
THE OTHER 3 PARKS SHOULD NOT BE TOO BAD .
.This is a a a roust,PLOY:::a cunning plan or action designed to turn a situation to one’s own advantage.
GET PEOPLE TO SHOW UP, AT THE SLOW TIME OF YEAR , Just to try get WDW attendance up!!
Now that Disney did this you cant get a room on site. Before Disney did this there were some good rooms …not a lot mind you …
**Disney may be jumping the time frame of end Aug .it may slide by weeks and or months they have and still do miss there opening dates ,and still do. **
.We did same thing booked 10day (Sept 20 thru the 30th) end of Sept to stay away from crowds ,taking Grand Kids age 4 , 6 and 8 years old ,was thinking doing same going at a diffrent time ,Well heck no still going ,we will make the best of the time and hope for no mob crowds …still going to be great , Dream the Dream, Wish Upon a Star, Magical Golden Pixie Dust ! ,Should be be all good …
GO FOR IT
NOTE :wink: AUG,. IS SO HOT BEEN THERE DONE IT, BY AFTER NOON 100 PLUS DEGS. ONE YEAR WE WERE THERE IT GOT TO 110 DEGS IN THE PARKS ,IT IS STILL HOT AFTER THE SUN DOES DOWN…:frowning_face:

1 Like

I get what you’re saying, it’s just when is too much, too much? We went to the MK in early December when the park was only open past 6:00 or 9:00 2 nights of our entire 8 night stay. It wasn’t worth it to us. Shuffling, not walking is not an enjoyable time for us. Casey’s Corner has a line 20+ people out the door. Wait for Small World was 45 mins. The FP line stretched out the building and almost across to Peter Pan. Carousel wait was 20 mins. Couldn’t find the end of the line of the People Mover as it stretched so far. We cried Uncle after 2 hours in the park having done nothing but eat a quick service meal and try to find something with a manageable wait. And, our time was within an hour of the fireworks so many guests were in the hub, not in lines.

All this to say, once you’ve experienced exceptional crowds at Disney, you may think twice about experiencing them again.

I don’t know what the other parks will be like in September but I also know I don’t want to put us through what we experienced a few months ago. It just was not enjoyable for us.

Well, I’m scheduled for Sep 5-11 and damn the torpedoes, we’re going. I’ll be sure to contribute and submit lots of wait times!

5 Likes

It’s still going to be lower crowds that week than on thanksgiving. Except maybe star wars land itself.

1 Like

Your report is pretty consistent with what many have said. Even if other parks have had low crowds MK on non party days has been very challenging. Any additional increase could have serious impact on the guest experience.

I don’t think it’s hard to predict at all.

Imagine a guest arriving at DHS 30 minutes before rope drop. There is a line for Star Wars already at 3 hrs+, thanks to the fact that even the EMH crowd is not still not all into Galaxy Edge, plus everyone who arrived 2 hours earlier for RD.

So their choice at this point is one of these:

• join the Star Wars line
  • join the non Star Wars line, which is my own assumption because otherwise anyone with ADRs or FPs for the rest of the park won’t get in on time
  • go to another park

I think GS will be handing out a lot of anytime FPs for other parks and redirecting people to those other parks for weeks after opening.

1 Like

I believe that you are thinking of Schrödinger’s Cat, where the cat is in a quantum state of being both alive and dead until it is observed and its state is set. Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle relates to the fact that you cannot precisely determine both a particle’s position and momentum: the greater the precision of one, the lesser the position of the other.

2 Likes

If you go to the Halloween Party, it’s been Hallowishes, not HEA.

In my opinion, all the parks will be crazy busy after Galaxy’s edge…
Hollywood Studios will surely be packed and reach capacity, Magic Kingdom will be super busy because of MNSSHP and fewer full days with HEA, Epcot will also be very busy because of Food and Wine Festival and Animal Kingdom has not recovered yet after Pandora, experiencing very high attendance. I’m expecting a very difficult second semester for the Disney Parks. Anxious to follow the first actual wait time reports to plan accordingly for my next trip in February, 2020.

1 Like

After reading today’s post by Fred Hazleton on behalf of TP I am feeling better about our early Sep trip. I’m waiting to see what the new numbers are for our dates but guessing we’re pribably going to leave our trip where it is and go with the flow. Will know more Mon but planning on booking our dining first thing Mon AM and then assessing after that. Our preference is to keep our Sept trip so hopefully we can do that.

1 Like

I think when the poster said “party”, the poster meant a HEA dessert party, not MNSSHP.

Yes!

Here is another good article, which also confirms what Fred Hazleton said in his post.

https://yourfirstvisit.net/2018/06/10/star-wars-galaxys-edge-forecasts-crowd-levels-impact-on-other-disney-world-parks-opening-date-etc/

We had a reservation for mid September, and unfortunately we are now taking HS off of our plans altogether. But based on the article and Fred’s post, we are not cancelling the trip.

1 Like

We are going 8/30-9/8. Moved our DHS days towards end of trip. May cancel HS days if it’s too crazy. Waiting to hear more from crowd calendar, how Disney will extend park hours, how crazy it will be at Disneyland.

2 Likes