How long to sign-up for Jedi Training?

I’m not sure this is correct. There have been multiple reports of those having ADR’s getting to the front of the line because they are allowed to leave as soon as CM’s move to signal rope drop has occurred. Being closer to the sign up station, those with ADR’s are at a distinct advantage. This only really works if you have 2 adults and you don’t mind splitting up during breakfast.

Yes, they will be released at Rope drop or some CMs hold until the rope drop crowd draws close but folks think that an ADR will allow them to sign up before rope drop. It will not. That’s an expensive meal to clock watch. Just getting to the park before rope drop will get your Jedi a spot. Being already inside the park will mean a short walk but it does not guarantee you will be at the front of the line, just close to it. So, if someone is not able or interested in a breakfast ADR, just get to the entrance early.

Not sure if anyone in this thread needs the info anymore, but when we were there April 13th, we had a pre-RD ADR at 8:50 (9am opening). We got in line for the ADRs at like 7:50-ish. We were 2nd (maybe 3rd in line). We were let in for our ADR at 8:00-ish. Went straight to sign up for JTA then went to check in for our breakfast.

3 Likes

So, even though the park wasn’t open until 9, they let you sign up for it at 8am? Meaning, it was already staffed that early? We have an 8am ADR, but I wanted to make sure we could the signups done.

Yep - they were ready and waiting for us before RD.

Coolest. Thing. Ever.

Not only did they let us sign up early, we had the park to ourselves afterwards.

We got to the park at 7:50AM for a 9AM RD. Reading all the blogs, we were ready to RUN (well, OK, fast walk as possible) to sign up.

Guess what? There was a person with a sign there at the gates on the far left, “Jedi Training Sign-Up” and we got let in at 7:52AM. Signed up and was done by 8:20AM. Had the park to ourselves. It was amazing.

Star Tours… walked up to a half empty ride. Muppet Vision 3D, 90% empty.

It was very cool.

Our first time to DHS… I am kicking myself for not getting on Toy Story Mania! (we had a FP+ later in the day.)

1 Like

Ok, feeling hopeful now!
Feedback please: TSM FPP at 9:05-10:05. If we get to HS before RD (8:15-ish?), do you think we will be able to sign up and make it to TSM for our FPP?
Heading there June 27…

We, too, were able to sign up before our ADR. We had an 8 a.m. ADR and got to the park at about 7:45. We were in the park by 7:50 and told that JTA sign up was already open. We went right to sign up, signed up with no wait and then were at our ADR by 8 a.m. This was a 9am open day with no EMH.

1 Like

This information is very helpful, thank you. We will try to get there before 8:00 we have an ADR at H&V at 8:40 am coming up on Friday.

1 Like

You should be fine, you have an hour window to use your fastpass. As long as you are there by 10:05 you should be fine.

@tportugal - yes. I think you’ll be able to get to TSMM to use your fast pass easily. Have fun!

Thank you, thank you @FKHamer and @amysjgirls! So stoked!!

2 Likes

Anymore recent updates on this process? We have a 10:30 H&V breakfast…the idea is to get to the park for RD (9am) and sign up first thing. I know we’ll be done before our 10:30 breakfast, but my HOPE is that we’ll be done within about 20-30 minutes so we can have some time to actually tour before breakfast and not spend an hour in line.
I was also told by a CM on the phone that they sometimes have a JTA signup line w/ CM in the plaza area before RD…can anyone confirm?

1 Like

Any one know about transportation to HS to get there early enough for front of line for rope drop? We are staying at WL - not sure what time buses run or if we should just Uber over? JTA is high on our “must do” and we have no ADR at HS for breakfast.

Buses start running around 6:30/6:45am. I would get to HS by 8am. Stay to the left tap stiles near the PPO ADRs. You should be ahead of the pack that forms by 8:15/8:30. Once they let you through the tap stiles, stay to the left and you should see CMs with signs showing you where to go to sign up. If you are near the front of the line, you should be done before internal rope drop. If you wait too long to get to HS and you have a longer line in front of you, then you will be waiting for a more significant amount of time. I heard someone today say a 1 1/2 hour wait at 9am.

I don’t think they have had signups outside of HS for quite some time.

1 Like

Just did this on Wednesday, 11/2.

Offical park open was at 9. Arrived with 2 boys about 8:10 a.m. Asked cast member where to go, and she directed us to left-most tapstiles. We were about a dozen people or so back in our tapstile line.

They started letting guest through the tapstiles about 8:45 a.m., and we were lead all the way to the Jedi Training sign-up. By the time we arrived we were about 10 or 12 families back, I would guess.

Reached the podium, and we could still have signed up for the first show of the day, but that didn’t work with our plan, so we went with a 1:20 show.

We were completely done by 9:10 a.m.

I actually found the return for the show more confusing. We arrived 30 minutes early, and no one seemed to know where to go. An Indiana Jones Show had just let out, and they weren’t yet signing people in for the 1:20 show. We all did finally figure it out, but there were no cast members there to direct lines like there were in the morning.

Your experience may be completely different, but at least you have an idea!

Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Where did you end up meeting for your return time please?

You go back to the same place you sign-up in the morning - the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost. You check your child in, they take their place on a blue circle, get a small bottle of water, receive their robes, and then get to march together out to the stage. One parent must stay with the child(ren) until they are on the stage.

1 Like

I’m jealous! We didn’t get bottles of water in February! :slight_smile:

Huh. It sounded like something they typically did. The cast member was really pushing the kids to finish their water and stay hydrated. It was in the mid 80s that afternoon, so maybe they have a temperature tipping point for the water?