How long is line for RotR after boarding group is called?

From what I understand, once your BG is called for RotR, you have an hour to get in the queue. My question is, once you’re in the queue, how long can you expect to wait? Is it typically pretty quick to get on the ride, or is it still a lengthy wait? I’ve found commentary but it’s from back when RotR first opened. I’m wondering how it is now. TIA

For me it was a walk on. They did put me through a different path due to my cane though.

1 Like

I honestly can’t remember how long we waited. We had a short wait, but it wasn’t long at all.

Caveat…we had BG 2, BG 12, and BG 5 (or was it 8?) for our attempts, so I don’t know if the lines get longer as the day progresses. We were generally called either immediately, or shortly after opening.

Actual waits submitted by user have been around 15-20 minutes. Yet TP historic wait times always have it around 1 hr. :thinking:

(I’m pretty sure that 60 minutes is wrong)

2 Likes

When my son and his girlfriend went last February (President’ week) it was about an hour wait. My son said people all around him complained the whole hour.

1 Like

In October is was 15-20 minutes once you were scanned into the queue.

2 Likes

My experience is from almost a year ago so things might have changed since then, and we were BG4 so not a lot of time for things to back up, but it was basically a walk-on. Which is to say it took about 10 minutes because there is A LOT of line through there, it’s a long walk!

Just realized that the wait time is 47 minutes for ROTR in my personalized Touring Plan. Hmmm, that must be a worst case scenario.

(They had been pausing the ride once a day for cleaning)

I’ve been seeing that too, but wasn’t sure what to make of it. Given that everything is changing so often, I was hoping to hear from people with recent experience. Sounds like that may be using data from pre-covid, but who knows?

On Monday last week, at boarding group 5, it was a walk on. On Wednesday of last week, boarding group 12, it was about a 20 minute late. That day the ride had a delayed opening, and we walked through more of the queue, part of which I did not recognize. In addition, we waited a longer between some segments of the ride.

1 Like

I know. And how to decifer this data…

Ok after looking at this more, TP should use the “average wait time we saw” in the TP’s, which looks like 25 minutes.

1 Like

Looking back at picture time stamps from early Dec, it was ~27 min from being scanned into queue to boarding transport shuttle. I consider that the start of the ride, but the line between queue and ride is blurry and debatable. I had BG 8 and got into the queue a few min past the hour window (around 10:45) due to MFSR taking longer than expected.

1 Like

Ok so on that day I referenced, the observed wait time was indeed 27 minutes. But some days are longer. TP just isn’t keeping up with more accurate predictions.

2 Likes

What is the final ride vehicle? That is when the timer stops?

Yesterday we had BG 36, got called around 1:00pm (ride was down for a few hours before then), waited what felt like 20 -25 minutes in the queue. Didn’t time it. Just enjoyed the decorations and anticipation.

3 Likes

I’ve never gotten the first group. Always late morning to early PM and I’ve always had to wait about 25-35 min so I think it does build and could also fluctuate depending on when people show up during their hour. I’ve never waited as long as touring plans said I would.

1 Like

When the ride first opened last year, waits varied from walk on first thing in the morning to 30 min before lunch to 60 min in the afternoon and evening. My impression from the responses above is that the pattern of increasing wait times as the morning progresses is still in effect, but it seems like the max wait time is more like 40 min than 60.

1 Like