How I Walked Onto Escape from Gringots Last Weeks

Thanks, Sam. I think what we’ll do is flip-flop the Touring Plans Two-Day plan and do the Hogsmeade stuff on the morning we arrive, then Diagon Alley on day 2. Then even if we’re behind the resort crowd on arrival morning we still should beat general admission crowds and be able to do a reasonable day 1.

Has anybody ever rented a car between a WDW resort and UO? If I could get a car delivered bright and early to the WL I might try that, but I’ve never done it so I don’t know the best way to go about it.

EDIT: By the way, is Diagon Alley REALLY that easy to get into at night? Because that sounds like the way to go. I guess everybody just exhausts themselves waiting to get in during the day!

See reply below about lockers

Never rented a car from a WDW resort. Know it’s possible. Betting you’d have to pick it up the day before. Sure they aren’t 24hrs. It’ll certainly cost you time to do that: busing to rental, etc.

And, Cabana doesn’t get you Express. I bought into that which was worth while for me: everything except a few attractions (train for example) was a walk-on

DA was a walk-on for me at night. No wait at all. Crowd Level 10. Gringots is a different story. And, icecream was a wait too. Most shops and the Leaky Cauldron we’re walk-up. DA is super cool at night. Very different feel for the Land. The fire breathing dragon was super cool at night. Might be a fun Day 1 for you. If you buy a wand, that could be fun too.

Awesome. That’s what I was thinking. I have an 11 year old boy and girl. Perfect age, they can’t wait.

Thanks, Sam.

So exciting!