How I refrained from maiming my DBF - A.K.A - Our first WDW trip

Can’t wait to read the rest. Sounds like a fun trip.

2 Likes

You’re sweet. I’d have riden each one twice - once with my band and once with his. :relieved:

12 Likes

Thursday 8/15
Day 2 (Part 2)
We made our way over to ST and headed on in. This is one of my favorites, I remember riding it when I was a kid with my mom and she freaked out, yelling about flying into the trench and almost crying she was so happy lol. I expected DBF to love it as well, but after the ride, I looked at him and he was NOT feeling ok. Turns out the tummy problems were really getting him, he was hurting. I suggested we go back to the hotel, but he didn’t want to leave, he wanted to stick it out. So we stopped at a little stand and got slushees and sat down for a bit before our SDD FPP.

Lemonade slushee…delicious!
After sitting for awhile, he was feeling a teeny bit better, so we slowly made our way over to TSL. On the way we passed the Incredibles area and they had a little show with the characters. We stopped and watched, then popped in to meet Edna Mode!

I have never been to TSL, and walking in was so cool! They really did a great job with this area. You really feel like you’re the size of a toy in Andy’s backyard. We took a few pictures, then hopped on the FPP line for SDD. I immediately went into MDE and grabbed a FPP for TSMM. I was worried about DBF and his tummy, but he LOVED SDD! He likes coasters, just not going upside down, and this one was exactly his speed. He had such a big grin on his face! :blush:

After SDD we ran over to TSMM and hopped on. DBF was ready to whoop my butt in retaliation for me beating him on BLYSRS. He’s big into video games and took it as a personal affront that I had beaten him. He got his wish and swept the floor with me on TSMM. He loved it so much, I grabbed a second FPP and we rode again! He won again lol. Reaffirmed of his superiority in shooting games, he decided he needed coffee. So we stopped and I got an iced coffee. Now I know without a doubt that I am NOT an iced coffee fan. Yuck! I’ll stick with hot coffee from now on!
We wandered over to the launch bay to see if we could meet a few characters. We looked at all the props and models. Chewie’s line was kinda long, so we got in line to meet BB-8. He’s adorable!! I had to hug him.

When we finished with BB-8, Chewie’s line was still posted as kinda long, 35 minutes. DBF said he didn’t want to wait that long, so I told him that’s fine, you can head out and rest for a few, but I’m going to meet Chewie! He said he would wait with me, so we got in line, only for them to announce that the posted time was wrong, it would only be about 10 minutes! Score! When we got up to him, the CM standing there saw DBF’s first visit pin and that it had no name. She asked him his name and whipped out a marker and started writing. When she was done, we looked at what she had written and it was gibberish! We looked at her for clarification and she told us that was his name in Aurebesh!! He was ecstatic!

Such a great pixie dust moment for him! It sparked so many conversations for the rest of our trip, everyone asked him what his pin said!
Then it was time to meet Chewie. I am a huge Star Wars fan, I watched the original trilogy religiously when I was a kid. I had really wanted to see GE this trip, but I didn’t want to drag DBF in those crazy crowds. Next trip!
So as soon as we rounded the corner and I saw my Wookiee, I burst into tears. He wrapped me in a huge hug and held me for a minute. It was awesome! He pointed to DBF and then the map of the galaxy behind him, asking where he was from. Confusion from DBF ensued, as he had no idea where on the map earth was lol! Great meet, but they had one of those photopass machines, which are definitely nowhere near as good as a real live photographer. So I gave my phone to the CM and she got some great shots for us!

Having gotten our fill of a galaxy far far away, we now had to decide what to do. DBF still wasn’t anywhere near ready to give TOT a go, and wasn’t really up for riding anything. I booked another FPP for ST, intending to go solo and then call it a night, but DBF said he would give it another shot. So we rode again (it’s cool that it’s different each time). He liked it a little better this time, but was still pretty much done. We hit a store on the way out, searching for pins, I picked up a cute SW shirt, we added to his hat, and then headed on out!

One bad thing about Pop is the buses! They are so super packed all the time! We decided to hop on a bus for AOA and then walk over. We regretted this. We had both started to develop blisters on our feet, me more so, which would last the rest of our trip. Oh the pain. All we wanted to do was get back to our room. While walking through AOA I remembered they had a Lion King section. My favorite Disney movie! So we took a scenic route through the pridelands. (Stupid move on our part, but he took great pics of me with my fave characters!)

Once back at Pop, we swung by the food court to grab dinner as we hadn’t had any in the park. DBF got a burger and I got pasta with meatballs. Oh those meatballs. They were amazing! I could not believe how good they were! On our way back up to our room, I stopped at the medicine section of the shop and grabbed DBF some Mylanta, to hopefully clear up his tummy issues. Thank goodness around 4am the next morning, it worked and he felt MUCH better lol! We were now ready for Day 3, our drinking around the world day in Epcot with friends!
Steps: 23,861
9 miles

13 Likes

Later on in the trip I did end up doing this for a ride that he wouldn’t go on…but that’s another day!

3 Likes

I love your Lion King pics!

4 Likes

I love them too! Never been to AoA, may have to do a walk through on next trip!

2 Likes

No we’ve not visited any of the values. It was initially part of my plan to visit Movies and AOA, but somewhere along the way I forgot.

1 Like

Ive stayed at movies and pop. Not a big fan on the theming of pop. Did enjoy theming of movies better. But liked pops “everything else”.

Friday 8/16
Day 3:
Ok some back story here. My best friend in the whole world is my ex-husbands ex-wife. Yes it’s weird. No one in their right mind would become friends with the girl their husband left them for. But the ex in question is, to put it nicely, a horrible human being, and DW (as I will refer to her because we call each other our sister-wife) and I bonded over shared trauma. She has a 2 year old (to whom I am an unofficial aunt) with Horrible Ex (HE), and is a phenomenal step-mom to my two kids with HE. She’s just a good person. And she’s at security CM at the TTC! So we had made plans to meet up and get a bit tipsy in Epcot! She was planning on bringing a friend, who I have a feeling will end up being her new guy, and I was very excited to meet. She also ended up having to bring her daughter (DN2) which was fine with me because I love that little girl and was super stoked to see her AND DBF wasn’t drinking (still recovering from tummy issues) and had no problem being the babysitter! To be honest, I wasn’t really looking to drink much either, I’m not a big drinker and it usually just makes me sleepy!
So anyways, enough back story, I need to curb my rambling. We woke up a bit later again, about 10 and took our time getting ready. We had a FPP for the character spot at 10:30 which I wasn’t sure if we’d make, but wasn’t overly concerned with. We headed out and got to the bus about 11. We waited a bit, and didn’t end up getting into the park until after 11:30. Not wanting to rush and try to make our FPP grace period, we meandered a bit and grabbed the photopass icon picture.

Then we noticed that Pluto was out in the front of the park! This was a character we HAD to meet! The line wasn’t long, so we got on and waited only about 10 minutes. Pluto is adorable! He started jumping up and down in excitement when we came over, so I joined him! Hugs and picture, including one of my favorite shots of DBF of the whole trip!

After Pluto we decided to hop on line to meet Baymax before our 12FPP for FEE. We waited about 5 minutes, then changed our minds, not wanting to miss FEE. We headed back to the World Showcase around 12:30. As we got to Mexico, I saw another must meet character! Donald was out in his sombrero! So I steered us towards his line. This caused DBF’s and mines first little tiff. He was getting annoyed with me changing direction and scolded me for worrying about our FEE FPP and saying we had to hurry, then going off on a detour. That got my back up. Yes I do have a tendency to be quite scatter-brained and like Dug in Up (Squirrel!!!) But I had done my research (which he had wanted nothing to do with) and I knew that while we were pressed for time, with the grace period, we could squeeze this in. And it’s Donald! So I gave him 5 minutes of cold shoulder, got my emotions under control (I’m quick to cry when yelled at, which is terrible cuz I loathe crying), then calmly explained my reasoning to him. He apologized for snapping, I apologized for confusing him, and all was well. First vacation tiff lasted all of 7 minutes, not too bad. We were back to normal when we got up to Donald. I knew what I wanted to ask Donald to get the best reaction from him, so when he turned to me, I asked him where Mickey was. He pointed up towards the character spot, and got a little huffy, so I followed that question by quickly explaining that I wanted to tell Mickey that he (Donald) was my favorite! At this, Donald grabbed my hand and started trying to lead me to Mickey so I could tell him! It was GREAT! The CM told Donald he had to stay in his spot, so we did pictures instead! Really great character meet!

Now that I had met THE duck, we dashed over to FEE. I had riden it years and years ago when it was Malestrom, so I was psyched to see the Frozen update. What a cute ride! DBF got a little freaked when we went backwards (he’s not a fan of going backwards, even the backwards part in HM bugged him at first!), but really liked it.

We were starting to get hungry by this point, so we kept going and headed for China. We got food at Lotus Blossom (pretty good, we like Chinese food, and this was decent standard Chinese), and while we were sitting there eating, DW and DN showed up! DW came in a we had a 5 minute long hug while DBF sat and waited lol. It was time to start our eating/drinking/wandering around the world!

18 Likes

Keep rambling, those are fun parts of any trip report! Your character pics are fab!

3 Likes

This is me and DH. I am constantly accused of being a pessimist when I try and explain things like why we can’t afford to move to a house that costs twice what our current house costs and other such things! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I thought this was some kind of riddle. Your ex- husband’s ex- wife… that’s you! Oh I get it, you’re your own best friend. Never mind.

9 Likes

My mother stayed BF’s with her ex- husbands (my fathers) ex- SIL (still my aunt, even though she divorced my blood uncle). She’s the godmother to my half brother. Separation in any form doesn’t mean you have to exclude anyone from you’re life. It’s great that ya’ll are still close, a familial bond.

1 Like

Enjoying the report

2 Likes

Loving your trip report and your pictures!

2 Likes

Friday 8/16
Day 3 (Part 2):
Now I will try and remember, in the correct order, the rest of our day. Not only did I have a bit more to drink then intended, we criss-crossed A LOT! So it’s all a bit of a jumble. DW’s friend (from now on DWF) wasn’t here yet as he didn’t get out of work till about 2, so we just started to wander a bit. DN was being shy, but came around quick enough, especially once DBF bought her a Cinderella pin! She was so excited! I had a blast taking pictures of her. I love taking pictures, usually forcing my DD8 to be the subject, so it was nice to have a subject who wasn’t rolling her eyes at me!

We made our way into France, where DW and I got our first glasses of wine. Delicious!

By then, DWF had shown up. He’s all about the beer, so it became a running joke that every time he left our sight, he was getting another beer. And without exception, he was lol! We spent the rest of the day wandering through shops, DBF and I got photopass pictures in Japan (another magic shot!)
!
In Japan DWF bought us ladies some sake at the sake bar. Peach sake was AMAZING! I wish I had gone back to see if I could have bought some to take home, it was THAT good. After Japan, we went to Italy, where DW and I decided to do the wine tour. I know, for someone who didn’t want to drink a lot, I was certainly doing a lot of drinking! The wine tour is 3 glasses of wine, one each in France, Italy and Germany. :joy: We walked around, sipping our wine (DWF with his beer and DBF with DN in the stroller!) We got to Germany and DBF and I were starting to get hungry. We took DN and headed for Somerfest while DW and DWF went to get our second tour glasses of wine. We used some snack credits and I got the baked Mac and cheese while DBF got the strudel. We sat on a ledge eating while DN kept going back and forth between us eating a spoonful of Mac and then a spoonful of strudel! Fortified, we went in search of DW and DWF. We found them (and the wine) sampling liquor filled chocolates. Yum!
Now we had a problem. We were headed towards Mexico, but we needed to backtrack to France first to get our third tour glasses of wine! (This is where the cross crossing really started). So we turned around and hoofed it back to France (DWF of course kept going into the UK for more beer lol). We sat and rested in France for a bit and DN enjoyed splashing in the fountain.
Now with our final tour glass (keeping track, I’m now up to four glasses of wine and one glass of sake), we turned around again and headed back towards Mexico. We made it as far as Norway, when DBF, who had been such a trooper taking care of DN, announced he needed coffee. So we all stopped in Kringla and got coffee and pastries. DBF got an apple cheesecake and DW and I both got Anna’s birthday cupcake. I’m sorry I don’t have pictures, but it was delicious. DN caused DW’s cupcake to end up on the ground, but the CM’s gave her another one right away. Disney CMs are just amazing people. We thanked them and sat and enjoyed our snacks. Then we headed to Mexico. DW and DWF both wanted margaritas, but by this time I was starting to get super sleepy, so I bowed out. DBF and I took DN wandering through the inside shops in Mexico (I love being inside the pyramid, it’s so cool in there!) while DW and DWF enjoyed their maragaritas in La Cava. We had nowhere to go but to turn around (again!) and head back around the WS. Other than DWF and his endless beers, we were done with the drinking portion of the day and just enjoyed chatting and being entertained by DN. I took a great picture of the two guys with the baby that made DW and I laugh till we cried lol.

We made it to Morocco when they made the announcement that Illuminations would begin soon. We picked out a section of fence and settled in to wait and watch. I’m really glad I got to see it as it’s ending soon. DBF was really impressed, he enjoyed watching the globe with its projections.

Once Illuminatons was over, we took our time heading back towards the UK and Canada, waiting for the crowds to thin out. DN fell in love with an Eeyore stuffed animal in a shop which DWF promptly bought for her (he is in SOO much trouble with this little one, she has him wrapped around her finger!) and then DBF found an abandoned scooter (it had been there at least 3 hrs as we had passed it earlier in the day) so he decided to drive it around lol. It was just about out of juice, so he put it back where he found it and we headed towards the exit. Epcot is so pretty at night, we enjoyed the mostly empty park as we left.

We said our goodbyes to DW, DWF and DN and headed for our bus. We were on the last bus to Pop that night! We managed to get seats (a blessing considering the state of our blistered feet) and rode in near comatose silence. Once back at Pop, DBF stopped at the food court to grab dinner, while I headed to our room to snack on stuff we had up there (there was no way I was waiting in line for food). We ate, showered and collapsed in bed.
Steps: 23,762
10.1 miles

14 Likes

As a socially awkward introvert, why yes, yes I am!

5 Likes

you and DW look quite a bit alike - you could be sisters irl :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That’s so funny, it must be the picture, because we look nothing alike lol! She’s Germanic and Italian, dark hair and a tiny twig of a thing, while I’m very light, Irish/Scottish, medium brown hair and I won’t say chunky, but you can tell from looking at me that I will never turn down chicken nuggets :joy:

4 Likes

This is the most entertaining trip report I have read! You two are so cute together!

3 Likes