How Far I'll Go: A First Marathon Live(?)Trip Report

Just bipping™ in to say I got to share a fantastic day with these ladies. Because @OBNurseNH did all the heavy lifting I went on more Studios rides today than in the last two years combined. And I wouldn’t miss seeing her finish her first marathon for anything.

34 Likes

Comment of the YEAR

7 Likes

11 Likes

Running a little late for dinner. Hope it’s not a problem.

4 Likes

Mee-yow.

Just sayin’.

17 Likes

Nice score on the MB!

What a FANTASTIC way to remember this trip and all the hard work to put into your training for it! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s in both photos!

5 Likes

Had a fly-by meetup with @lauren_alicia

Forgot to snag a pic. Will try before she leaves. She is nearby to my sister and me!

9 Likes

Good luck tomorrow!!

3 Likes

Great to have a cheer squad!!!

3 Likes

When I go there’s just no telling how far I’ll go :heart:

36 Likes

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

You’ll go far.

6 Likes

Have a great race! And I know how far you’ll go….26.2miles
(well actually more like 28 or so miles with that long walk to the corrals though the Epcot parking lot and the long walk to buses afterwards, but you get the point😎).

Have fun and savior the experience. You’ve put in miles…now is the time, now is the best time for the smiles. We’ll all be cheering you on from afar. Go @OBNurseNH and Lori!

11 Likes

Oh man it’s getting real now!

3 Likes

Looks great!! Hope you have a great run tomorrow!!! Going the whole 26.2

4 Likes

After I was done running my half marathon, I hopped in the car to head home. It was about a 15 minute drive. In that time, my muscles practically froze up and when I tried to get out of the car and into the house it hurt so much! As I entered the house, my family was there with a congratulations banner and surprising me. My reaction was, through gritted teeth, “Hang on. I can’t move!”

I learned after that to ensure you keep moving after you cross the finish line so the muscles don’t lock up like that!

5 Likes

Yup! My rules are: protein, Motrin, hot shower, compression stockings and keep moving. And hydrate.

9 Likes

Smart. Very smart.

Good luck tomorrow, we are all rooting for you!

2 Likes