How Far I'll Go: A First Marathon Live(?)Trip Report

Same

1 Like

@Bubblez! You are having all the liner meets! So cool. I love it. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I am very much the lucky one :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Cast member at the Skyliner queue has the people in line doing the wave! It’s super fun to see :joy:

16 Likes

Thats sooo awesome! Disney Magic!

4 Likes

So…

Some asshat did. And I very kindly said, “Excuse me Inwonder if you realize you just stepped in front of me.”

The girl moves.

And then my sister and the other girl nearly throw down. My sister is a little more “Boston” than me. I just kept watching the show praying it didn’t erupt further. Eventually the asshat and the entourage left.

I am past letting people step in front of me. Im not going to be rude or get into a brawl over it. But I’m past silently letting it happen. We had people in front of us too - and they had every right to be there because they were there before us. And we were there before the asshat and entourage, so they weren’t just going to slide in and block us.

16 Likes

I love your sister :heart_eyes: I’m not a confrontational person, but get me started! I become a very different individual when you act like an jackass or bully.

8 Likes

How annoying

2 Likes

I’ve heard a number of people say that now…

2 Likes

So some thoughts though:

1. You have to be perfectly positioned to see the projections. That means only on the america side of the lagoon, or the area where FW meets WS. If you’re on the sides - say UK/Canada or China, you won’t see the main part of the show. And that’s crummy.

2. There’s still too much going on. I watched the protections, and not much of the fireworks. There’s just no way to be able to view it all. At least with the MK show the fireworks happen in the same area as the castle. So while you can’t exactly watch everything, you can take in more of it because of proximity.

3. The projections on this show far outshine the projections on Rivers Of Light. Much better quality.

4. They need to warn people about the cannons that go off at the edge of the lagoon, not far from spectators. So I’m warning you now. Anyone with any trauma related to explosions is going to have a hard time with this. It scared the shit out of me the first time they went off, and they go off a few more times. Very cool effect of a strong finale, but kind of dangerous to folks with any PTSD.

Overall I liked it a lot. It probably helped the show a lot to have started off with two songs that hold special meaning to me for this weekend especially. How Far I’ll Go and Go the Distance struck me right in the feels and had me with pixie dust in my eyes right away. So it helped to boost the show already.

Here’s a few more shots of Stargate, mostly:

32 Likes

Houston: we may have a problem

Evidently my sister needs more sleep than I realized or need. She did get up a bit earlier than me today to do a short run. But she also took a nap. And when I told her I’d like to leave the room at about 7:20-7:30 to walk to HS I thought she was going to cry. She said, "Oh. I thought I would be able to sleep a little tomorrow. "

Whereas my thought is we are going to bed at 7-8pm so getting up early will help us be tired for that. And, we need to rope drop some things depending how G+ goes in the morning.

I hope it will be okay. She said it’s fine…
Also, likely no nap tomorrow because we are moving rooms and will be homeless for a while.

:pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

14 Likes

Your photos are stunning! What did you use?

1 Like

I hope to works out. I struggle with similar issues with my family.

2 Likes

You know that’s Oreo flavored

1 Like

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdMDM7hh/

2 Likes

:heart: your thoughts are so much appreciated! Ive been worried about how to view Harmonious after all the reviews.

5 Likes

Before my back surgery I could go on 6 hours and be great. After I need 9 to feel right. Doctors say its trauma to my body and its just needs longer to recoup each night. My neuro said this is also not uncommon with women that are active and get around pre meno and meno years. If they stay active, their bodies can sometime require more hours at night to recover. Nothing wrong with it. Its just something our bodies want and need to recover.

8 Likes

My camera

Oh you mean which one?

The one on my phone.

Oh you mean which ONE?

iPhone13

6 Likes

I do but it’s not an Oreo. The cream in the Oreo is gross.

Thanks!! You’re making me want to upgrade mine.

2 Likes