How do you plan TS breakfast?

I’m not looking for specific restaurant recommendations. I’m curious how you prefer to plan your TS breakfasts into your schedule. PPO breakfast definitely seems like a great idea, but what about the ones at resorts? We got so much done at RD last week that I’m not sure how we’ll fit in character breakfasts like Bon Voyage next time, because there’s no way that I’m not rope dropping.

1 Like

I think for Bon Voyage I would plan for one around 10:30 on a day that EP or HS was opening at 8? The later breakfasts allows you to rope drop and then enjoy the meal. I love Kona early breakfast and never have a hard time making it to MK too.

1 Like

You can fit in Bon Voyage breakfast by booking the latest possible time and rope dropping EP first. The only breakfast I like to book is BOG pre rope drop as its a CS meal and we have free dining. For TS they are relaxing events for us so I prefer lunch or dinner.

3 Likes

I am also trying The Plaza this trip at 8. It won’t give me any advantage but I love the menu.

2 Likes

I have a couple of pre RD breakfasts and a couple of later, 10.30-45 ish breakfasts planned.

3 Likes

I typically plan resort-based TS breakfasts for Non-Park Days, whether they’re mid-trip or at the end.

I did the Bon Voyage Breakfast on my Day of Departure last trip, when I didn’t have a park planned.

2 Likes

This is exactly what we did. My family also cant make it from RD to close so if we want to see nighttime shows at a park, we may have brunch at a resort near the park we are going to that day.

2 Likes

We loved a late breakfast so we had those first 2hrs to get a lot done. Resort breakfast I’d save for check out day or if you have a break day.

2 Likes

Reading up in UO and menus on Allears has helped us decide which to try.

I have done them in AK or DHS though I will do DHS next trip.

Being in the park pre-RD is worth a lot to me.

1 Like

I had resort breakfast ADRs planned on our non-park days but ended up cancelling them. Just couldn’t be bothered as they weren’t at our resort. So next time I’d take that more into consideration.

Also, I’d consider doing what a few of the others here suggested - booking the latest possible breakfast time slot and using that as motivation to get us out of the parks. It’s my personal weak point - knowing when to call it a morning and take a break. I just want to keep going and “Look, this ride has a really short line and oh, just one more thing…” and then it’s 2pm and my kids are melting down.

1 Like

We only do TS breakfasts on days when we’re planning on a late park start. As much as I’d love to do a PPO breakfast there is absolutely zero chance of getting DH up in time for that. I have enough trouble getting him out of bed for rope drop (about a 50% success rate on that one)…

1 Like

@PrincipalTinker An 8 am opening day sounds perfect for that! The parks all opened at 9 when we were there, and we were definitely ready for a break to eat by 11.

@Tate That is a good point about PPO table service. If I’m paying that much for breakfast, I’m going to relax and enjoy it. I definitely wouldn’t want to be rushed.

@MouseGirl42 We didn’t have any non-park days this trip. (I know, it was a crazy idea, but I couldn’t help myself.) But I think next time a character breakfast would be perfect for our final day.

@qwerty6 Yes! I definitely think we’ll be paying the $$ for BOG PPO breakfast next time, because I want some empty park photos!

@AlyQ I had trouble walking away as well! That’s a great idea to keep you moving and get back for rest time!

@lecras That’s a bummer! DH was all in on RD when he saw how many rides we could do in that first hour! (Or how many duplicate rides we could get in!)

3 Likes

We never do TS breakfasts. That’s quality park time, or quality sleep time, as the situation warrants.

1 Like

@pod You have a solid point. For right now, our family gets up early enough that it could work well for us, but 10:30 is still pretty good park time compared to the afternoon. On the plus side, we often prefer breakfast foods over lunch foods.

1 Like

I will say my family has always been a little different from most. They really never cared for the Character Breakfasts, even when they were little. Getting up early for EMH has always been difficult- though until more recently, that’s always been DH’s reluctance, not the kids- but now they are ALL allied against me, the only early riser!

But when we do get to the park on time or a little early, they simply will not do it for food. No way. They’d think I was out of my mind to do that instead of the attractions. We do have TS lunch because by then it’s crowded and we need a break, but never in the morning.