How do people know where to look during ride photos?

So this is a bit of a silly question… Last year when we visited for our first time we had memory maker and got a ton of ride photos. My kids and husband looked like humans, I looked the same in every photo, eyes closed super tight, death grip on the handles and mouth open, apparently in a silent scream (my kids insist I didn’t actually scream).

In the interest of having ride photos that I can actually share, I’m going to work on keeping my eyes open during the scary parts of rides, but can you see the cameras? How do you know where to look? I want some cool ride photos, maybe I can even get a silly pose out of DS16 on TOT, which was our favorite.

1 Like

There are various articles on the web that detail where the cameras are - try googling Disney World ride camera locations.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what my face looks like on Splash! I even showed my DGD how I would probably look before we went on the ride. I like everything about the ride except that last drop so …

1 Like

No matter how many times I ride, I always forget where the camera is :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

My ride photos are always awful. Even on ones where it’s obvious like Buzz. It’s the same all the time, eyes shut or stupid expression, “rabbit in the headlights” just about sums it up. Or eyes shut and looking as if I’m hating every minute.

2 Likes

Yes using lists helps. Also trial and error. My husband always complains he looks awful in his ride pics. I tend to know where the camera is and mug for it :wink:

1 Like

If you just smile, happily, throughout the entire ride, it won’t matter where the cameras are! :wink:

However, when I know where a camera is, I tend to pose for it in some silly manner. Of course, it is all for fun, since we never actually purchase on-ride photos.

This trip will be different, however…for the first time, we’ll have Memory Maker. So now I have to think about what the photos will look like to my great-great-grandchildren some day.

2 Likes

Before: DD and DW not ready for the camera - Dinosaur Edition

After: DD ready for the camera- DW didn’t want to ride again

We’ve been so many times, we just know where the cameras are

2 Likes

ToT is good for this because they also do video. When you see the camera flash, the video starts. I know this because my DD8 is on video turning to look at the camera and smile/ wave. She had no prior experience to know her picture was being taken.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! Hopefully I will be able to include some good ride photos when I post about my trip in May, or maybe we’ll just all have a good laugh at how crazy I look :slight_smile:

I know a few, but my teens are experts. We have many ride photos of them doing hilarious poses.
The one I have no clue is HM. Every pic I am stretching my neck, or my eyes are closed. Not pretty…

1 Like

We never know where the camera is, all natural.

4 Likes

I tend to have a grin on my face throughout the entire ride, the camera captures this - with the exception of Rock n’ Roller Coaster where you just see me with my eyes closed. It’s evident that I’ve gone to my happy place in order to survive that ordeal (spouse of divefool)

2 Likes

Wow! How do you get on rides without anyone else with you?!?

Those were taken during Disney after hours. For dinosaur, we stayed on our ride vehicle for 3 runs as there was no one waiting or board.

2 Likes

I have a single picture of one of my great-great-grandpas and none of my great-great-grandmas. Something tells me our descendants won’t have that problem. :rofl:

1 Like

Wow! I didn’t realize those events could be so sparsely populated. Very nice!

Too true. In fact, it will go something like this:

“I’m going to look through these archived pictures from 2020 of great-grandma and grandpa I found on this server.”

…One year later…

“Okay, done. Time to start on 2021.”

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was an after hours event when the resort level was a CL 5. So that may have something to do with it. I actually haven’t done any after hours events before at Disney. I wonder what it’s like on a CL 1 day.

EE fills very fast though. Every other train was also leaving empty.

Nice! We have this booked for our May trip. These pictures are getting me so excited.