How do I get key cards at park?

Hi All,
We are coming to UOR for first time. We purchased our park tickets from an online ticket reseller. For the base ticket, I have a PDF with 8 pages of QR codes–one page for each person in our group. Then we decided to purchase Express Pass, so I have a second PDF with 8 pages of QR codes for the add-on.

Once we get into the park using the base ticket QR codes, I assume we would have to present the Express Pass QR codes at every ride in order to get into the Express line. The instructions in the PDF state only: “Head straight to the attraction entrance with this ticket.”

Rather than have 8 of us pull out phones at every ride, is there a way for each of us to get a key card with our ticket info loaded? Will UOR do this at park entrance when we arrive?

Sorry for my ignorance.

1 Like

You might print out the QR code for both the ticket and EP, fold them so that the name/QR code shows up and stick them, back-to-back, inside a plastic sleeve like the kind you can attach to a lanyard. (Have back-ups on phones or whatever.)

This way, they are handy to just pull out as needed.

As to your ACTUAL question, I don’t know the answer!

1 Like

I was about to type that exact same thing!

I don’t have enough experience with the ticket kiosks before park entrance, but I’m thinking those would be only for direct Universal purchases.

go to a ticket window w/ your printed pages and they will issue a hard card w/ all the pertinent info on it for you. You can use a lanyard as @ryan1 suggested too.

4 Likes

They will not always provide hard copy tickets (it depends on delivery method). Since you will only need the express pass, I would fold the QR code and put into a waterproof lanyard.

2 Likes

This is important. If you cut the QR code out, you run the risk of a fussy TM not allowing you in the entrance because it’s not your “complete” ticket. Yeah. I found out :smirk:

5 Likes

Agree w/ everyone else. There’s really not much you can do except put in lanyards. (I’m not saying they can’t help, but it’s probably going to be a headache w/ resell tickets.)

Lanyards are pretty common w/ at lot of Universal guests. You have to use your ticket to unlock the free lockers & etc… I’m an AP holder and I use a lanyard to hold my pass every time I go just for this reason

3 Likes

Id like to re-emphasize the importance of not “molesting” (TM’s words) your printed ticket. I had to take the admonishment like a school boy until he decided Id had enough. :rofl:

4 Likes

It happened to me twice and they would not let me through. Easy fix, just hopped in a different line where another family member was. That TM let me through no problem. Yeah. Makes sense. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Many thanks to everyone for your great feedback. So helpful! Just ordered $6 Hogwarts lanyards for all on Amazon so we can be successful with our printed FOLDED tickets.

I laughed way too much when I read this. Sounds like @brerbeer was a bit molested by the TM. I thought molesting only happened over at Disney. :slight_smile: (Too soon for jokes??)

4 Likes

Sadly, the lockers (or at least some of them) don’t unlock with QR codes, only bar codes, so even in that case I had to get a separate card with a bar code on it to use with the lockers!

2 Likes

I think they all take QR now. All worked for me 1 year ago.

1 Like

In May 2021, there was at least one that didn’t…I think it might have been the one by Hulk, but I’m not 100% sure. It wouldn’t scan my QR code…meaning, the machine wasn’t able to scan QR codes. So the TM handed me a card with bar code, and that’s what I used the rest of the trip. (I stuck it into my lanyard with my ticket.) I DID think it was odd, though.

1 Like

Ok, Hulk worked for us for sure. It was probably a tech glitch.

I do remember the one by Hulk being different to the others.

In any case, like Ryan said if it ever doesn’t work see a TM nearby to get a locker ticket.

One tip, the free lockers have a time limit based on the current wait time. Last year, Mummy was a walk on and then we decided to hop right back in line again. The wait was 5 minutes the second time, went back to the lockers and had to pay to retrieve our 2 bags.

1 Like

This is definitely good intel to know!

And…in related advice…don’t place your ticket/card that you are using for the locker into your wallet, and then lock the wallet in the locker. Because…well…you won’t have the bar code you need to open it back up! :wink: (Fortunately, you can get a TM to help…but still…not that it’s, uh, happened to me!)

3 Likes

I am shocked that they charged you. There were a couple of times that we had to explain we’d gone through twice, and then they overrode.

1 Like