How did you like Slinky?

Looks like Slinky is a tough FP to get so I am wondering how people who tried that ride liked it. How good is it ? How would you compare it say to Thunder or Everest ? I am trying to see whether it’s worth it or not. Thanks.

1 Like

In terms of thrill level, I’d put it between Barnstormer and 7DMT. Worth it would depend on the person/family. My sons, 8 and 12, thought it was boring and didn’t want to do it a second time.

2 Likes

That’s not saying much, but is in line with what I expect from the ride. 7DMT was a huge disappointment for me. There are fun moments to 7DMT, but all around, probably one of the weakest Disney coasters to date (barely above Barnstormer).

3 Likes

Thanks, that is very helpful. Pretty sure my son will think he’s too cool for that thrill level :rofl:

1 Like

@ryan1 Agreed although I like the part inside the mine with the dwarves singing, I also think 7DMT is disappointing as a roller coaster.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it a lot. It’s not a thrill ride (unless you don’t ride roller coasters at all, in which case maybe you’d see it as “thrilling”), so I can’t really compare it to Everest. It’s a lot smoother and a lot more open than BTMRR, so I don’t know which I’d say is better, but both are worth riding.

SDD is a short ride that’s faster than I expected it to be, with some features I hadn’t experienced on roller coasters, that made me smile each time I rode it in July. It’s not the sorta adrenaline rush you might get from big drops, super fast accelerations, or inversions, but it’s definitely worth experiencing for yourself.

4 Likes

I’m so glad I’m not the only one underwhelmed by 7DMT.

I am going to give it another try on my MK day since I snagged a FP+…maybe I missed something the first (and only) time I rode it? Everyone else is so gaga for it, I feel like I missed something.

5 Likes

Yeah. Like the other half of the ride (that they apparently forgot to build)!

5 Likes

I remember being “OK” with it when I rode it with FP… and then in March I waited Standby with the family for it.

Never again.

As a coaster person, I liked Barnstormer better.

If I thought of it only as an innovative Dark Ride, I might be able to believe that description. Except that it’s barely dark, and Peter Pan’s Flight is a better Dark Ride.

Look, if I can catch it with a <5 min wait at the end of a day that I feel like was already complete, I might consider it. Otherwise, I think the only reason I’ll ever plan it again is if I try to make a run at the MK Ultimate Touring Plan or the Parkeology WDW ride challenge (it’s WDW51 now, right?)

3 Likes

^^^^ This! Don’t understand the love 7DMT gets. The other issue I had was that it was so cramped. I’m only 6’ tall, and my knees were pinned against the front of the car. I don’t know how someone taller would fit.

2 Likes

Just goes to show that rides are like ice cream flavors :slight_smile: We rode 9x on EMM day and my younger son still wanted more.

To those that haven’t experienced it yet, I will say that the last car makes the ride infinitely better IMO.

2 Likes

SDD was fun, once, with a FP. Wouldn’t wait (in the heat) more than 15 min for it. (I also want to note after this last trip I now seem to be VERY jaded).
It was smooth and longer than expected.
7DMT… (insert bad word here). Even my 6yo daughter was not impressed. The comment about it being short and only half built is spot on.
We rode Barnstormer 4x and Space mountain 6x. Much more fun. And EE 2x.

2 Likes

How inconsiderate of you to be that tall😉.

3 Likes

What’s the safety belt like on SDD? Taking my five year old will she be super secure on it? The height of it makes me more nervous then her.

My older son is 6’8" of inconsiderate…:sunglasses:

1 Like

GM milk?

1 Like

GM?? No one is that tall in my family or his mother’s family. His younger brother is a paltry 6’4" :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Genetically modified.

1 Like

My 6’4’ boyfriend was pretty much folded in 2.

1 Like

Ah…thanks. More likely McDonalds Happy Meals…:rofl:

1 Like