How Crowded is the Boardwalk?

Happy Saturday everyone! I have a question that is not exactly about the parks, but about Disney property nonetheless. I want to take portraits of my kids in the boardwalk area, specifically at that cute little lighthouse. We’ve never been to that are before, so I’m wondering what the crowds might be like on a saturday around noon in mid/late May? Would I be able to use a tripod to get some family photos or is it too risky of getting knocked over (or are tripods banned?) I’m just not sure what to expect or plan for.

Yes, it’s never very crowded

2 Likes

The lighthouse is at the area where the boats for HS and Epcot pick up and drop off so there would be some people around during those times, but in between that it usually isn’t crowded.

2 Likes

that is good to know. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you!

You should also consider a few pictures at the event area in front of ESPN…has a good view back to BC/YC

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! I have no idea where that is, but I’ll definitely find out and check it out! The outfits I’ve picked out go well with the blue and white striped wall I’ve seen in pictures of Jellyrolls, so I’m hoping to use that as a background for a few pics too.

1 Like

I think they do weddings and other events, from ESPN walk toward bridge to epcot, it’s on the left before the bridge

1 Like