Housekeeping Fee

We received a bill for $50 for a “housekeeping fee” for our stay at the Grand Floridian villas. Anyone have any insight on this?

1 Like

Did you request housekeeping more often than the every 4th day?

No, we didn’t. I just called and they issued a refund without hesitation.

3 Likes

Interesting. That seems sneaky.

I do know that if you request additional housekeeping, they will charge extra. But I wonder how many people are being charged this fee unnecessarily and not even bothering to look. Hmm.

4 Likes

I wonder if they tried to charge you for something “damaged” in the room? Glad the reversed it, but yeah I’d want to know exactly what that was they attempted to collect from you.

2 Likes

Completely unrelated, but this reminds me.

So, back in May 2021, we stayed in a house rented via VRBO. The house was fine, but the truth was, whatever company they used to clean wasn’t doing a stellar job. We found, for example, a random sock from a previous guest under an end table, and other areas they missed. It wasn’t that they didn’t clean, but just it wasn’t thorough.

Anyhow, one of the things they requested you do before checking out was to start a load of any towels, etc. But they SPECIFICALLY asked that you leave all the bedding on the beds. We found this a bit suspicious, since how could we be sure they are actually washing the bedding? Anyhow, we left the bedding on the beds, but purposely left each bed unmade so as to make it perfectly clear which beds we had slept in. All said, though, we actually left the house in a cleaner state than when we arrived!

When it came time to review, I gave them 4 stars, marking them down on the cleanliness. With VRBO, they review you BACK after you review them and they marked us down on…CLEANLINESS!!! Which was crazy. I think it was retaliatory or something for us marking them down. All I can figure is that the cleaning crew mentioned our unmade beds???

4 Likes

That is crazy. You don’t make a bed that’s about to be stripped.

2 Likes

Yes I was prepared to defend ourselves! When I initially asked the cm about the charge, he said yes that’s the standard housekeeping fee (like it was normal). When I replied that we stayed in three hotels and only was charged for this room, he then put me on hold. When he came he said he issued a refund.

6 Likes
  • not a house keeping charge but similarly last month I was charged for parking at check-in… I DIDNT have a car
4 Likes

This reminds me of when a Lyft driver said we violated the mask policy. We did not violate any mask policy, not even to take a sip of water. However, said Lyft driver was texting and driving which is seriously more dangerous than not wearing a mask properly. I complained to Lyft and they took the bad review off. I didn’t even report the driver for texting and driving so his complaint could not have been retaliatory but I thought about reporting him for texting and driving several times after that in retaliation. I decided not to though.

2 Likes

That’s so dangerous, though. I would have taken pictures and reported him for sure.

4 Likes

Wow I’m glad you mentioned this. I hadn’t looked over my bill from the other day and we were charged for parking each night even though we didn’t have a car either.

4 Likes

Glad you caught it - I normally stay DVC so not used to parking fee, not sure if the charge FIRST is a new policy or just new to me.

I only caught on because I never got a room ready text- when I travel I use a card that blocks charges that do not use the physical card without authorization through the app-

2 Likes

You know, when DME was a thing, they could assume you don’t have a car if you used DME. But without DME, Disney now has to be far more diligent to figure it out, so they might be automatically assuming you have a vehicle unless you tell them otherwise now. Sneaky, and frankly, wrong. Hope this instance was just an isolated incident as opposed to the new MO.

2 Likes

I would love to know how it’s working out for others…especially with online check in - if it’s just automatically being applied

Even though you check in online the gate guard also verifies who you are when you drive through the resort gate for the first time. That’s when they can confirm if you have a car.

1 Like

I moved from SSR to all stars - via bell services -
Granted it was 2 separate reservations but now that Magic express is gone- does that mean taking an Uber or other ride-share would automatically generate a parking charge?

1 Like

I don’t think arriving in a Lyft would generate a parking charge. That wouldn’t make sense.

2 Likes

I never arrive via my own car and I have never been charged for parking. I either arrive via DME (rip), Uber, friends or ghosts. Never had it automatically charged to my account.

3 Likes

No idea we usually drive but stay the entire time via DVC points so no issues,I added a few nights at Sports cause it was just me ( my kids had to work.) @SJCricket do you mind me asking when your trip was and where you were staying that you were charged for parking?

1 Like