Hourly crowd levels

Greetings,

In the Touring Plans Android app, you can see the day as a heat map that shows how the crowds change throughout the day. The daily number is then the average from 11am to 5pm.

These daily heat maps are great for me since i am not your average park goer. I live only 10 to 15 minutes away from the parks (measured to the parking toll booths). So, I may only go in at 6 to 7pm for a few hours. The daily averages are not as relevant to me, but seeing the hourly crowd levels in the evenings helps a lot, especially since I need to make reservations in advance.

Is there a way to see these heat maps on the HTML pages, since i do my planning on my PC, not my phone.

Thanks

1 Like

I think we determined that those heat maps are the mobile view. @bebe80 dis you look at this once?

1 Like

Greetings,

I was looking through the page again, and noticed an item on the top of the page that does allow this.

Sorry, I should have looked closer before posting.

Thanks

1 Like

OK, good. I’ll still share this here if there are others that want to know. On the desktop, here is where you click on the crowd calendar page to see the heat maps:

Then you need to scroll down a good bit to view:

Knowing crowd level (wait time) predictions are not always accurate, I also like to supplement predictions with actual past data from a similar day. Now, TP does not have that hourly info but Thrill data does. And rather than report an average level for a whole park, they have data for every attraction. This is really nice to just get a very good feel of what to expect. You can change to a specific date and even filter by evening. (These are posted wait times)

5 Likes