Hotel Recs- POR Garden View or AOA Little Mermaid?

Hi all! Planning our first trip for the last week of June with my husband and our 3 and 4 year old. Decided to go kind of last minute. We have booked an Art of Animation Little Mermaid room, but with the current promotion we can do a standard room at POR for about the same price. What do you think? Should we keep our room at AOA or move to a different resort? We’ve previously stayed at POFQ and loved it!

We could also move to one of the other value resorts or to Coronado Springs or Caribbean Beach and save money.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

All moderates have 2 queens instead of the 2 doubles in standard rooms at values, for rooms that have two beds. For that reason alone, I like moderates.

1 Like

Funny, our last two trips were at POFQ and AoA, and our next one is booked at POR. I loved the theming of the LM rooms at AoA, but the walk from that section of the resort to the bus stops is a bugger. We timed it one day, and it took us ten minutes - and this is two adults, who walk fairly quickly. So if you’ve got a three- and four-year old with you, this might be something to keep in mind. It wasn’t so bad to the bus stops when we were fresh and excited to get to the parks, but after a long day at the park, the walk back was really rough. I think the Garden View area of POR is four to seven minutes away from transportation, if I remember correctly.

I would opt for POR because you get a few more amenities at a moderate. I quoted some prices for some clients and also saw that they were basically the same. Plus, POR is beautiful!

I was at POR in November and loved it! Would stay at that resort again in a heart beat! Do it! It also has the boat to DS! :slight_smile:

POR is arguably the best moderate hotel on property. We also opt to stay here because of the bed sizes and the fact that they also have a pull down bed. Last time we stayed in a king size room and had a pull down and it was spacious for a Disney Hotel.