Hotel question

Nah–you don’t need to be humbled.

Now, for a not-morning, introverted person like me, that would be an AWFUL thing to have to do every morning. You seem like a very fun person, and a natural performer, so I can imagine that’s why they enjoyed it enough to ask EVERY day!!

3 Likes

Hmmm, I am not sure I have done this directly because I have always had an LL or a FPP for rhe safari. We like to ride EE multiple times and you can usually ride it 3 times before a line builds.

1 Like

Once I clear my April SoCal/DLR trip, I will seriously start planning NEXT April’s Disney/Universal trip. Sounds like I need to read the Disney refuge thread, search all of @darkmite2 posts and reread @sanstitre_has_left_the_building Universal posts more closely as he likes the shows (and so do I) which are easy to miss as a newbie.

2 Likes

I’m putting all my TR’s together in an abridged version to print out and bind as a journal. I’m only through #2 and it’s so neat to see how much I learned and saw between then & now!!

2 Likes

Anyone can check and book AP rates on the annual passholder portion of the universal website:

1 Like

If you don’t log into the site or App with an AP in your “Wallet” you don’t get an AP rate. You are redirected to the “savvy traveler” discount or current promotion…

even via the main website’s link above…

For getting an AP–how many regular visits make it “worth it”? Assume blackout dates don’t apply.

That’s why the buy 3 days get 2 free is soooo close to the break even point. You save about $60 with the tickets…but you know you’re gonna want to come back!

This has always been confusing. I actually don’t have a Universal account at all, so I can’t login as an “AP” holder. My AP currently exists in the form of a code I have to scan, which came in an email. But, there is a link that I’ve used that was posted on these forums that takes me to the page that allows me to check/book at AP rates even without an account. In the end, my Savvy traveler discount is still the best option for our May trip for the Family suite I booked last summer…but the AP rate was better for the standard rooms that my sons and their wives booked.

2 Likes

Yeah… I have that bookmarked too! :imp:

No one has ever asked to verify my AP. I do wonder if I used the link & then called in with that rate if they’d care?? Whenever I needed to lower my rates, last year, I would phone in to do all the adjustments that way - not online. The only info they really seemed to care was if I knew the “exact” rate - as if to “prove” I’d seen it listed. :man_shrugging:

I always use this link to check rates. I’m not logged in or anything

https://reservations.universalorlando.com/ibe/default.aspx?hgID=641&nights=1&adults=2&promo=APH&_ga=2.107490561.2082395187.1641262412-1977945855.1640973498

1 Like

That’s what I’m referring to! I think it’s what @ryan1 meant as well…

It’s pretty helpful. I do wonder if I could book it without an AP? I think at some point the system / operator auto checks even if I don’t know it… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I honestly wonder if there is a check on the back end as well. I’ve never been asked for my AP at check in so I at least hope it’s being done so people don’t game the system.

Pretty sure I booked my first rezzy before having AP ordered through this link though and never got a hard stop.

2 Likes

I know!! Like what’s to stop me from doing the FL Resident discount if they don’t check!! :money_mouth_face: :rofl:

1 Like

It’s already started.

3 Likes

Nope, you can definitely book without an AP. It doesn’t ask for AP info while booking. And honestly, I’ve never had the hotel ask to verify, but, if asked, you are required to show AP before checkout to keep the AP rate.

3 Likes

Odd, that’s not how it works for me. When I click “Check Rates,” if I put in dates when AP rates are available, it will show the AP rates (though you have to click on the rate in order for it to show that the AP rate is being applied). Confusing to describe, but see below (this is the newer interface; the older one that @AccioVacation linked is easier to see which rates are applied earlier in the process without clicking through everything. As a general note, I think Uni’s website is pretty awful to navigate).

Starting from the page I linked above:

If you click “Check Rates” it takes you to a page where you can put in dates of stay. It auto populated 3/24-3/25 for me and shows general hotel availability and the lowest rate available (without specifying which rate it is). Endless Summer - Dockside is at the top of the availability list:

If select Dockside rates, it shows room and rate options for Dockside, and finally shows you what sort of rate it is (annual passholder rate discount vs savvy traveler, etc.), and you can see that this is indeed the passholder rate:

You can book from there without an account and without an AP in hand.

4 Likes

This is the (incredibly long) link I use. Super easy to check. Shows AP rates when they are available.

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/default.aspx?hgID=641&promo=APH&adobe_mc=MCMID%3D41431692141410614060323009476596043171|MCAID%3D302B389D80F2AD10-60001E54061E8485|MCORGID%3DA8AB776A5245B4220A490D44%2540AdobeOrg|TS%3D1619

2 Likes

Yes, this is the old interface that the website used to take you to when you clicked “check rates” on the AP page. Much more cumbersome under the newer link.

1 Like

The newer option is nice in that it will show APH and no APH rates. The old one will show one or the other

2 Likes