Hotel near the airport?

I’m exploring the possibility of taking an early morning flight on Sunday of Labor Day weekend, instead of midday on Sat. The airport Hilton is a bit pricey. Would it make sense to save a few bucks and stay at a hotel with shuttle near the airport. It will be me, dd, gs9. Interested in any personal experience with the nearby airports, and particularly interested in how reliable the shuttle is. Would it be scheduled for our individual group, or would it be running on a schedule? TIA!

Hyatt Regency MCO but no shuttle

We did this type of thing, in Nov 2016, but for a different reason. We flew into MCO the night before a cruise, and would take a shuttle from MCO to the ship the next morning. We stayed at the Days Inn Orlando Airport Florida Mall. It was not a great place, but it was good enough for a cheap place to sleep one night. They had their own shuttle vehicle, which ran on a demand basis. I don’t think we left the hotel all that early (9:00?).

Yes, it makes sense. Be sure to look into the quality of the place, and the hours of operation for their shuttle.

Hampton Inn & Suites Gateway. Very close to MCO and a shuttle back and forth.

Ramada by Wyndham suites near orlando airport. Was it the greatest? No, but the room was decent size and they had a shuttle and continental breakfast in the AM. only around $100 bucks (got a priceline deal).
When we got stuck in orlando from a blizzard, the last night, we stayed at disney then UBERED here around 7 pm, and was out by 4 am for a 6 am flight. Worked fine.