Hotel Choice for Disneyland Solo Trip

I love that beach at dusk/night. It’s my favorite kind of magical!

I was also looking at beach VRBO’s, which was how my April trip got on the books to begin with. But DH said for that kind of money (I had the perfect place in Dana Point I was looking at) I could get GC. So I went the exact other way. I’ll still get a few nights at the beach at some point, but this trip won’t be one of them!

(DH and DS do not do well unplugged. Having the ability to walk the parks when they’re bored is much better for them personally then being trapped in a quaint beach town after the streets roll up)

1 Like

Where you will be in your room for a good solid chunk of time outside of the parks it makes absolute sense!! Usually I just want the closest, cheapest, cleanest place to shower & crash at the end of the night (and sometimes midday). And amen the onsite prices are just not worth it right now. Dining is just starting to come back but I’m waiting/hoping for early entry perks to start up again before I consider a stay again.

2 Likes

Yes, that was a factor too, early entry. I’m sure I would have done at least one night at Disney for early entry if it were an option and something I was interested in using this trip. Yes, I have decided to make this trip be half time away from Disney and just relaxing which is much better done on the beach plus I’m training for the WDW Dopey Challenge so I need a place to run that’s not a treadmill and a beach is perfect and this place has a paved trail as well right next to it. So it just seemed the right thing to do this trip. My gut said so…and I listen to my instincts. :slight_smile:

2 Likes