Hopelessly Confused About Airport Transportation

I’m making my first UOR trip ever with a very quick solo trip in early April, and have no clue how to get from the airport to Cabana Bay (and back) safely and quickly. I had all but decided on a taxi but then read this on Universal’s website: “For your safety and convenience, Universal Orlando offers a dedicated location for getting picked up or dropped off by car, including by rideshare services such as Uber. (Taxi services are offered in a separate location near the bus loop.)”

1. Does this mean I must get dropped off essentially on the other side of the resort and somehow make my way to the hotel itself?

2. Regardless of dropoff/pickup location, will I need to call for a taxi back to the airport, or will there be cabs on standby right there?

Any clarification is greatly appreciated!

I believe that is talking about outside of CityWalk? I have taken rise share and private transport to ROR to/from MCO and they always pick me up/drop me off outside the lobby.

2 Likes

This is for people coming into the parks each day at the parking structure / CityWalk entrance. You can get dropped at your hotel entrance by your taxi/Uber. (I use ride shares at from MCO to Universal. It’s right outside baggage pick-up. When you open the App, you’ll see so many available. Many are often circling the airport waiting for anyone to request a ride. Depending on the time of day you shouldn’t have to wait long.)

You will need to call a taxi or Uber yourself. There’s a dedicated area outside the hotel entrance where you can meet them. This way taxi/Uber doesn’t block the buses at the hotels constantly picking up guests to go to the parks at the hotel entrances.

3 Likes

Yes, just say you’re going to Cabana Bay and they got it.