Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical

Has anyone been to this show? Is it a good show for a 9 year old girl? I think we have decided to do this show on arrival day and wanted to get some opinions on it. Is it worth it?

YES. I woudn’t pay extra for area 1. Areas 2 and 3 are perfectly fine. The food is good “comfort” food. I would also suggest the earlier show as getting home can take awhile. It is campy and silly and stupid - not high brow at all. But just a fun evening.

1 Like

Yes! Great for that age. If it’s your arrival day, be aware that it takes awhile to get there. What time do you arrive and where are you staying?

1 Like

It’s silly, corny, fun - if you’re into that kind of thing. It gets almost universally great reviews. There are numerous YouTube videos of the show, so you could always look at one and see if it’s your cup of tea. The food is OK, and there is unlimited beer and wine. Sadly (for me anyway) it’s not really my cup of tea, so it was one and done, just to have seen it first hand.

1 Like

I’ll also give it a big YES. We’ve gone the last 3 trips and the only way DH has agreed not to go is if we go to Trails End instead.
I truly love this show. I consider it to have legendary status at WDW both for it’s longevity and it’s quality. I’ve never really considered it corny since it never makes me cringe or roll my eyes. I find it more down-home Americana and really just a good time. The perfomers are so into their roles. And, the piano & bango players are top notch, true entertainers.
I hope I didn’t just talk myself into going a 4th time! The wallet needs a break!

@BackIntoTheFray brings up an important point about timing on your arrival day. You’ll want to be making your way to Pioneer Hall about an hour before your reservation. But possibly earlier depending on your route.

1 Like

We loved it! DS (6 at the time) was pulled up to be in the show! I know people say that category 2 and 3 are ok, but we are more than happy to pay the extra for category 1. To us its well worth the money! The entertainment is great, and the food is pretty good too.

2 Likes