Honeymoon Trip from July 1996! - A Blast from the Past!

Planning our Bucket trip/25th Anniversary this trip has brought up so many feels, that I got out my scrapbook to reminisce. Since so many of you are/have been helping me plan this trip I thought you might enjoy looking at our honeymoon from 25 years ago. It’s interesting to see what hasn’t changed - ToT still rocking it! and what has - RIP Adventurer’s Club - Kungaloosh!! I don’t do a lot of scrapbooking anymore but am so glad I did for this trip. You will probably have to zoom in to read my writing, sorry about that. I’m going to post the pics in replies and break it up a bit so it’s not just 23 pictures in a row.

Note: please remember this was back when you took pictures with a camera with film and hoped for the best! You didn’t get to see what turned out and what didn’t until AFTER you got home and got them developed!!!

9 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

9 Likes

Your trip reminds me so much of our honeymoon in 1995. We also stayed in Port Orleans! (Sort of. Dixie Landings actually.)

Have a great 25th in the World, as we did!

2 Likes

We also have a 25th anniversary trip booked for Labor Day weekend. Staying at CBR, which is where we stayed on our honeymoon.

1 Like

Welcome!! That is so very cool!!! Congratulations as well!! Unfortunately, POFQ is closed right now.

OMG my ex and I got married in Aug ‘96 and went to WDW for our honeymoon! RIP Adventurers Club!!!

Congrats on your 25th!

1 Like

Thanks! Adventurers Club was amazing, I remember being so sad when I heard they got rid of it. It was and always will be one of the BEST things in WDW. Period.

1 Like

Yes! I’m looking forward to going to Jock Lindsey’s in DS during my August trip just to get a little of the old Adventurer’s club vibe. Not nearly the same but I love the Indiana Jones movies so should be fun.

But it would be nice to see the Adventurer’s Club make a comeback.

1 Like

We did BLT one night and 8 nights at BWV for our 25th. Even if Port Orleans was open, I wasn’t planning on staying there. Why? Well…part of what made our honeymoon special was experiencing the newness of an on site stay together. So, recreating our honeymoon wasn’t about doing the same things we did before…because instead it should be about doing new things together! Which is why we had already decided, well before COVID, that recreating out honeymoon meant doing something new and different!

1 Like

I need to read this on a bigger screen, I will come back tomorrow when I’m on my work laptop.

1 Like

Completely agree/understand. I think if POFQ had been open we would still have had a split stay but with one split being there. Or maybe not since we will be using ECVs this time around so staying closer to the parks makes a bit more sense. :woman_shrugging:

Until my DH’s cancer diagnosis we weren’t necessarily planning on WDW for our 25th. We would have gone last year if covid had let us. It is just an ironic coincidence that he got his diagnosis in time for us to try to make the most of his time left and celebrate our 25th anniversary. We might have a few more anniversaries but realistically we probably won’t be celebrating our 30th. Of course, I know nobody ever knows what is going to happen, and nothing is ever guaranteed, as the past year has definitely shown us, but nobody ever “plans” on getting terminal cancer either.

Like I said planning this has brought up all the feels.

7 Likes

Love this! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I loved reading this, great pics too!

1 Like

This was such a fun post to read!

2 Likes