Honeymoon Planning

Hey all. I’m back! Back in the fall of 2016, I proposed to my fiancee at Magic Kingdom. We’re now a week away from our wedding, but since I’m a teacher, we’re postponing our honeymoon to the summer.

We’re looking at several vacation destination options for the honeymoon, and of course Disney World came up. While I’m not 100% sure that we’ll go to WDW for the honeymoon, I at least want to do a little research and pre-planning.

While we’ve both been to WDW several times, we usually stay off property. If we go for the honeymoon, I think we’d want to stay on property so we can take advantage of extra magic hours, earlier fastpass bookings, etc.

I’d like to do this without breaking the bank, and All-Star Music Resort came up as the most inexpensive of the resorts (aside from the campgrounds). Has anyone stayed there before? What was your experience like? Would you recommend it? How far is it from Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Animal Kingdom (we’re probably skipping Hollywood Studios)

While I personally love (for now) the All Stars, I’m not sure they’re the best choice for a honeymoon for two reasons…

1 - They currently have double beds in the rooms (starting in February and with Movies, they’re getting the same “hospital room chic” do-over that Pop is getting - which is why I said “for now” up there…I hate the new look even if they do have queen beds) - you can always request a king, but most of those are accessible rooms).

2 - They are often the first choice of various teen groups and as such can be loud and crowded and “busy” at all hours of the day.

It’s more expensive, but for a honeymoon, I’d look at POFQ or even POR if you requested a room in the Mansions (the bayou chic look doesn’t scream romance to me). There may even be discounts out. I was not a fan of CSR, but more than one person has said it’s “romantic” at night. And the advantage of a Moderate is you’ve got at minimum queen beds.

Thanks for the tips!

1 Like

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: There are non-accessible King rooms at the Values, but it would solely be a request and not a guarantee.

Like I said, it’s not a deal-breaker for me as I’ve got a double bed at home, but most people are like “EW! Double bed???” - especially if they’re wanting romance.