Hollywood & Vine or somewhere else?

Ok, this is kind of a tedious post, but many of you are detail planners like me, and NO ONE in my party will give me any input about where they want to eat… so I am looking for recommendations for whether to keep Hollywood and Vine or go for something else.
We are on the DDP, and have 12 people including kids age 2, 2, 6, 8, 12. We have the whole party for the first few days, then just half of us for the rest. One of the people in the first 3 days is their first visit, so I feel bad taking everyone to HW& Vine when there are lots of other better places. We will be in HW Studios that day, but not opposed to leaving the park, due to 6am EEMH. Would you keep the HW&Vine or go somewhere else? And where?
Here’s what we have:
Biergarten (10ppl)
Crystal Palace (12ppl)
HW&Vine (12ppl)
Ohana (12ppl)
Tusker (11ppl)
Sanaa (7ppl)
Coral Reef (7ppl)
Storybook Dining (7ppl)
T-Rex (5ppl)
Bon Voyage Bkfst (5ppl)

Thinking about Garden Grill (great characters, don’t love the food), 1900 Park Fare, Akershus…what else am I missing?

Just for the show maybe Teppan Edo in Japan. Have had better hibachi but it was fun.

1 Like

Garden Grill is fun to the characters. Foods not terrible.

1 Like

I’m a fan of H&V with the Fantasmic package as I feel like it’s buy 1, get two free. Buy the meal, get the characters and a fast pass included (yes, for slightly elevated cost OOP but I think it’s the same credit value on the DP). However, my younger son is a Sorcerer Mickey kid so Fantasmic is his must do item. And my kids are meh on characters, so they’re a bonus at meals because we only do the odd M&G.

Is there any availability at 50’s Prime Time? My kids didn’t love it (the server told them they weren’t allowed to play with my phone) but my friend’s boys are huge fans.

I just listened to a trip report (on the BOG podcast) that raved about Via Napoli for a large party with young children. The mom said it’s now a must do for them every trip. Had me thinking twice about our Coral Reef ADR.

2 Likes

Via Napoli is AWESOME!

1 Like

Trattoria al Forno for a late breakfast? Nearby to HS and a great character meal with reportedly really good food

2 Likes

We have the Bon Voyage bkfst at Trattoria on our check out day. We did it last time, and it was awesome food and really fun characters. That might be a good idea for HWS day. I wonder how late they do bkfst…

1 Like

Can you tell me more about Via Napoli? Sounds interesting, but never makes it to the top of the list for us.

We really like it there too. It’s a bit loud - the building feels industrial in design, in a way. Open kitchen. High ceiling. But really, really good yet affordable food (and handsome wait staff)

1 Like

We always do the pizza to share, huge pizzas, very good quality. Did a few apps, ok. Not sure if they are on DDP. Would have to look in on what covered. They do have personal size pizzas, which are still large. I wish I could order Via at home! U could pay out of pocket, great value and use credit else where if they dont take it. Check disney website.

2 Likes

We have a noon reservation for our trip.

1 Like

Re: Bon voyage Breakfast, meant as a reply to HerpFab5.

2 Likes

HeepFab5…cripes I’m stopping now :grimacing:

3 Likes

:grin::joy::joy::rofl::grin:

1 Like