Hollywood Brown Derby

Did the Fantasmic! Dinner Package. Worth it because when you sit, you’re practically front and center. If you want to get wet, get closer to the stage area.

Anyway, TP gives HBD 4 stars. The ambience is okay, and so was the food. I would give it a 3.5. Service was great though (our server was Danielle). I couldn’t tell I was in 1930’s Hollywood as the Unofficial Guide says, but it doesn’t really matter. The only thing that really stuck out for me was the Grapefruit cake. A most welcomed departure from the traditional, and I hate cake. This had some nice zing and sweetness to it. If you book the dining package, I would agree though to eat here. It’s the best place in DHS, though just there. You’ve probably eaten better elsewhere.

1 Like

Do you get an appetizer with that package? What entrée did you have? I was surprised by how much I enjoyed my HBD meal in October, that is why I ask.

I had the crab appetizer and the filet mignon. My wife had the Cobb salad and the Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken. We have better seafood in Hawaii, hands down. The filet mignon was okay too. My wife’s fettuccine was nothing special she said. We simply did it for the Fantasmic! Package, but do agree with TP that it is the best place in DHS-but that’s it.

Oh! My son had the duck, and I had the grouper. I also had the scallop appetizer, like I said, I was shocked how much I enjoyed that meal.

I had a bad experience with HBD and avoided going back for nearly 14 years. I decided to give it another try on my last trip and it was excellent. DW an I split an appetizer Cobb Salad, Wagu Beef Burger, and Dessert Trio for lunch and I would give all of them 4 stars. Service (which was the issue on our first visit) was perfect. Will definately go back again.

1 Like

Glad to hear that. We are doing the HBD Fantasmic! dinner package in less than 2 weeks!

Sorry to repeat a question above, but I just want to make sure the appetizer was included in the dinner package? The Disney page on this just says entree, dessert and beverage for Brown Derby.

@ Nightscotsman yes appetizer was included for our meal.

Great - thanks!