Hogwarts Express Refurb mid-June

Just read that Hogwarts Express will be closed for refurbishment in mid-June, when we are down there. It’s our first trip, and I have two girls (8 & 6) so we are really disappointed.

Do refurbs ever finish a couple days early? I need some hope here.

We already have trips booked for November & next June, so I know we will have more opportunities in the future (and we bought AP’s), but this announcement stings.

1 Like

This is indeed disappointing but maybe I can give you a tip for your Nov trip. Go to magicalvacationstravel. Yes it’s a TA but I have no connection other than using them once and a while. Great Universal Specials in Aug,Oct. Nov. and Dec. Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, and Portifino at 50% off on certain dates.

Their specials are for early November. We’re going Thanksgiving week because my husband works in education. Already booked savvy traveler for Portfofino at $387/nt, which I’m happy with.

3 Likes

With the Hogwarts Express being closed, is there another way in between the parks without getting back up front to exit/re-enter?

Not normally, but there is a backstage pathway between IOA & Studios. It’s between Seussland on the IOA side & near RRR in Studios. Doesn’t open very often but with HE not an option, maybe they’ll open it up :+1:

3 Likes

The Crossover Path is open during Grad Bash (showing in the app), so Universal would be wise to open when HE is also not running. :crossed_fingers: It’s not a super shortcut because it’s close to the front of the parks, but should still save 10-15 minutes vs entrances. Minion Way in USF and at Circus McGurkus Café in IOA.

4 Likes

Ugh. That really sucks. I’m sorry.

1 Like

Thank you— definitely a first world problem, trying to keep things in perspective.

Do you have the exact dates? Planning a day trip on June 9th

3 Likes

On the bright side, this is a good excuse to get one-park-per-day tickets for anyone going during the maintenance (no help to you since you have an AP, however …)

1 Like

Thanks, it’s actually the 8th so we are good

1 Like

Phew. I just bought tickets for 6/20

1 Like

Seth Kubersky reported (5/10 UUOP podcast) to look for a direct entrance to open up between Suess Landing and USF during refurbishment.

4 Likes