HIMSS Orlando 2022

I just found out that I am likely needed to attend this conference in March 2022! My boss does NOT want to go and has asked me to do her a favor (favor!) of going instead. It sounds like it has been in Orlando often so I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with it? I believe it’s at the Orange County Convention Center but I’m curious if any Disney hotels are ever offered or if there are any Disney events or perhaps well priced convention tickets?

Anyone else going solo and want to meet? I’m not sure DH can get time off.

1 Like

The Orlando convention center is closer to Universal than Disney, but it’s really nice. Top Golf is near by too. Disney is about 20-30 min from that convention center, we went there from Top golf on Friday. That’s all I know

1 Like

HIMSS like Health Information Management Systems?

Yep!

1 Like

Oooh…

I wonder if there’s any angle I could work on that :laughing:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, yes! That would be great. I think there is a wide variety of coverage. I’ll be focusing on EHR interoperability. :face_with_monocle:

Is it bad that I read it as “inoperability”? I’d be happy if they could just get ours to work well for us (Cerner), nevermind playing nice in the sandbox with other systems!!

“It’s a known problem. We are working on it.” :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hahaha I believe you! I work for a Watertown, MA based Cerner competitor and probably can’t say we’re any better. But I do do a ton of work Cerner’s hospital product. Working on making it better I swear!

I have never been to Universal!! Maybe worth a visit. Hmmm…

2 Likes

No idea who that might be but I can say that I came from a health system that uses Epic, as did my Practice Manager, and we lament frequently the inability for Cerner to perform basic functions that Epic can do in its sleep.

There’s an industry conference that I could attend at the Hilton Bonnet Creek on March 23-25th … seriously debating whether to go.

2 Likes

Damn, I’ll just miss you! Maybe I stay for the weekend after and you come early?

1 Like

If I stayed longer it would probably be through the next weekend. My birthday is on the 28th so maybe I’d even stay till Monday. Or Tuesday. lol (this is all just dreaming, I probably won’t go at all - it’s a busy time at work)

1 Like

Says the man calculating living at OKW!

2 Likes

Epic stinks :poop:

We shall agree to disagree. Cerner is a million times less functional than Epic!

1 Like