Hidden Gems

What are your hidden gems in each park? Special places, attractions or performances that are often overlooked? I often think back to the first time we saw DeVine- the attention to little details like this is what really sets Disney apart from the rest.

2 Likes

Have you seen today’s DFB vlog?

1 Like

Have you read these threads? There is one for each park:

2 Likes

For Epcot, two come to mind: at night in Future World the lights embedded in the concrete are a fun little touch; and if you have kids, the leaping fountains in front of Figment can provide lots of entertainment & perhaps the need to buy a new outfit. My son got soaked one year there, but had a grand time getting sprayed.

5 Likes

A Pirate’s Adventure - Treasures of the Seven Seas doesn’t get one tenth of the attention it deserves. It is basically a scavenger hunt across adventure land with lots of interactive elements. DD6 loves it and it is a great way to spend the time during a crowded day. It is even more fun because crowds become obstacles in your search for treasure plus you get a POTC FPP at the end.

The only downside is that the operation hours suck.

4 Likes

Is this like Agent P in EPCOT? We were thinking about trying that one.

2 Likes

No, but I will!

1 Like

How do you find this? When I googled it, I got a long list of videos in varied foreign languages. How would I search for today’s vlog? Thank you!

1 Like

I hope this works…

1 Like

Yes, it works! Thank you so much for this!

1 Like

Haha, when I clicked on that, the first thing I thought was “Wow, that’s the Old Faithful Inn!” Now if they’d only do a copy of the Lake Hotel, that’s iconic, too.

1 Like

Ironically, Memorial Day Weekend is when I’m going to Disney and that’s when they (hopefully) finish plowing the road from my house to Yellowstone.

It’ll be warmer in Florida. :wink:

2 Likes

lights embedded. …thanks for reminder. …one of my fave pics when my oldest was about 8

1 Like

I think the gems change over time…my DH and I love to just grab a hammock on poly beach and a drink…not hidden but when kids were young that would have never happened

3 Likes

I agree. We’re staying at BWI and have set aside one day just for hanging out- we, too, wouldn’t have done this just a few years ago… The “kids” (they’re in their 20’s!) can go do whatever they want, but I bet they’ll stick around, too. There’s just so much to experience at WDW beyond the rides.

If your card is behind the bar, they are sticking around…so I find😉.

2 Likes

Haha, that’s definitely true… trouble is, they have my card WITH them!
But they don’t abuse the privilege- although that hasn’t been Disney-tested yet. :wink:

1 Like

Yes, LOVE Agent P, and there are multiple challenges (as with Pirates in MK). Pirates in MK gets you a FP for PoC if you do 3 (or used to), Agent P doesn’t but still fun.

1 Like

I’m thinking Agent P for Japan, would this be a good one? Or another nearby? My eldest son went to a conference in Japan and loved the country, it so I know the rest of us will need something to do while he reminisces.

hahaha…indeed

1 Like