Hershey Park Holiday Event , Info Please

Is it possible for a particular day of candylane to sell out of admission tix? I get the impression not.

Nope, never heard of them selling out when there aren’t park reservations. They haven’t done park reservations since 2020, I believe. Their tickets also aren’t purchased per day, so you can use them up to the end of the season, which I think may be 1/1.

Well, I reluctantly cancelled our family trip to see relatives and Hershey Park. It’s just too cold to imagine going to HP for many hours at those prices, with coasters most likely not running, but mostly we are just worn out from house hunting and other stuff. Going to reschedule at some point b/c we aren’t that far away and want to see relatives before they move. If they stay in their current home through spring we can do the trip as intended and go to HP around when it reopens. It looks like April, but I couldn’t find anything with specific 2023 dates yet. I’m assuming they aren’t out–anyone know any info on that? Thanks. It would be just one day at HP most likely.

1 Like

The park is open weekends starting April 1 to Memorial day weekend and then it is open daily.

They are having longer hours this year. Hoping that means they have more employees so all the rides will be open all day.

Thanks! Actually one of my kids is having an 8th grade field trip there, so at least one of us will get to be there soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have season passes but I live only 20 minutes away.

I don’t really know anything about the hotels as far as cost and benefits.

The Hotel Hershey is more swanky than the others but the campus is beautiful. They did a lot of improvements there about 5 years ago.

I love being able to pop in and ride a few rides and head home.

I actually met my husband there in 1984. We both worked there.

1 Like

We stayed at Hershey Lodge over MLK weekend. The park was closed but it was still a fun time with younger kids. They have a small indoor water park and arcade. Chocolate World wasn’t crowded. The lodge gives you free tickets to Hershey Gardens which is nice to walk around if it’s not freaking and they have an indoor butterfly and insect garden which is nice I’m the cold. You also get free tickets to the Hershey Story and they can give you discounted tickets to the zoo. The restaurants onsite are really good. Point is going off season can still be a fun getaway if you need to visit family. Rates are definitely cheaper when the park is closed.

I’ve stayed at the Hershey Lodge and Hershey Hotel. Both give you the free tickets to the Hershey Story museum and Hershey Gardens. Hershey lodge is great with kids, especially with the water park. When we stayed there, I felt like it could use a bit of a face lift. Hershey hotel is beautiful. DH and I stayed there overnight for an anniversary. It is more expensive and has a more adult feel.

No season passes for us again this year, but we are considering them for next year.