Help with Wizarding World Two-Day/Two-Park Plans

Will gladly take any and all restaurant ideas. We will be early risers and likely eat breakfasty food in the room / on the boat ride / waiting for rope drop out of our back packs. Then we’ll be good for a couple hours. Will probably grab something quick service “like” around 10a. It doesn’t have to be big or great. Might even make it an ice cream! Save room for a leisurely sit down at 2-3p that way and that’s our big/special meal for the day. Then get something quick servicey again later, 7-8p.

So the only reservations I plan on making or worrying about is one for each park afternoon. Was thinking Finnegan’s and Mythos. I just couldn’t figure out which day to make which one. I’m getting a better idea but I need to study some of the comments better for touring.

Maybe I should go make one at each for both days right now!

Both of these are good picks! Don’t be worried about looking at places in CityWalk. CityWalk is the “main” entrance into the parks and offers a wide variety of sit down dinning. It’s not like having to go to Disney Springs.

Think of the parks as a “V”. The tops of the “V” are where the parks are and CityWalk is the base.

Yes! There is no cancellation penalty - even on the day of the reservation

1 Like

Agree with your choices for Table Service.

For quick service dinners, I’d do one day at Leaky Cauldron and one day at Three Broomsticks and spend in evening in both Wizarding Worlds because they look better at night! You can even sorta see the castle from the back porch of Three Broomsticks for the light show.

3 Likes

I like it. We did want to visit both Wizarding restaurants! We might just get a drink / use them as a break but they will be on our list!

For your 10am or late evening snack (besides the Potter restaurants), here are some of the best options for Quick Service Dining:

USF
Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream (Diagon Alley)
Taxi Hut outside Diagon Alley (loaded potatoes)
Bumblebee Man Taco Truck (Springfield)
Central Park Crepes (near entrance)

IOA
Green Eggs and Ham Cafe (loaded tots)

4 Likes

For both main park days, I now have Finnigan’s/Mythos reservations. Will cancel one or the other once some plan comes together.

Monday will be our move out (of Disney Beach Club) and move in to Royal Pacific. It’ll be two adults, 3 kids, and likely 6 large luggage and 5 carry-on (think back packs). Will a single Uber XL work or should we figure on two?

Ideas for a Citiwalk sit down reservation for our move in Monday? Or maybe just stay at Royal Pacific and do Islands or Jake’s? My kids would probably love Toothsomes! Then I need one more for Friday and that reservation might be the only thing set in stone for Friday!

Thank you! Noted.

1 Like

I’d go with that.

Here are some other best rated TS restaurants at CW:

• Cowfish (if you have adventurous eaters)
  • Bigfire
  • VIVO Italian
2 Likes

I wasn’t super impressed with BigFire. I mean’s it’s good but it’s also expensive and not as good as it is expensive. But Cowfish is fantastic and your kids would like the theming there too. I’d do Cowfish and Toothsome for the ambience over Jakes or Islands. Both of those places are above average for a hotel but they aren’t anything special imho. They are quality food though so if you want a lazy hotel day they are good for that.

2 Likes

Or get the older teen to babysit the littles (or are the kids daycares open again) and do a date night at Bice (you can take the boat from Citywalk to Portofino).

Got it. That’s what we’ll do Thu when we return from VB then methinks.

Got a Toothsomes for our Monday. It’s early for dinner (4:15p) but that’s ok. I can eat anytime when on vacation!

Thinking VIVO for Friday. Everybody loves pasta in my house. Timing? So if USF closes at 6p and the day is being used as a low key, walk around, doing whatever anybody wants, stick to a more typical dinner schedule? Or earlier and use it as a stop between parks?

4 Likes

It’s not a bad break between parks. They are most crowded in the early PM so that’s how I’d do it. I think Hubby and I did a 4pm once at Cowfish.

You will love VIVO, the pasta is homemade.

It depends if you want to go back to IOA. Even if you want to close out Hagrid’s or see the castle light show, since the park only closes at 9pm, you could still do a 6pm meal.

This has been a very productive couple hours thanks to you all.

ADR’s made:

Mon: Toothsomes for 415p and 815p (case we don’t want to leave the pool)
Tue: Mythos or Finnigan’s for 230p
Wed: Mythos or Finnigan’s for 230p
Thu: Jakes (in Royal Pacific) for 8:30p (might cancel this if we eat enough at VB)
Fri: Vivo for 6p.

I’m sure the family will be up for returning to IOA after dinner.

2 Likes

Whakawaiwai Eats has the best QS pizza in the whole resort :yum:

2 Likes

Thank you @gingerSnaps543222. I started working on the “checklist” for day 1 on 8/23. I’ve gotten through your first paragraph and it’s laying out really nice so far.

1 Like

Does this apply both IOA and USF?

Couple questions here please.

1. How much time should I plan for dealing with the lockers for these rides? The TP software doesn’t seem to necessarily add time for this? For example, I’m riding Hulk at 1230p and the TP says I’ll wait for 3 minutes, then the ride is 4 minutes long, then a 1 minute walk to the next. I’m not buying the metrics that it’s selling right now.

2. There will be 5 of us and most likely all of us will have backpacks. That’s how we tour Disney anyway. Middle school / High school back packs. Will 5 of those fit in the larger locker? How much do the larger lockers cost?

And a final question (for now!).

If we take the water taxi, are at the front of the pack, and RD Hagrid’s, how long should I expect to wait during early entry? TPs says I’ll arrive at 8:16a and wait for 0 minutes!

I checked thrill-data for 7/26 and it doesn’t really help me. Says 50 min wait at 7am! Maybe I’m doing something wrong there.

yes and I walk, always quicker than boat unless your a very slow walker.