Help with which park to pick

We are going the week of Thanksgiving. We are staying on property and plan on taking advantage of morning extra magic hours. We are arriving to Orlando on Friday and staying off property for just that night. We will drop off our luggage to the Disney hotel first thing in the morning on Saturday. We will have a rental car to start on Monday, but we plan to drop it off at some point. Which do you think is a better way to start our trip? (5 park days - 5th day is another MK day). We have hopper tickets.

Saturday -
Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest pre-park breakfast at 8am. (MK is a 7/10)
or
Animal Kingdom - Rope Drop extra magic hours 8am (AK is a 6/10)

Monday -
Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guess pre-park breakfast at 8am (MK is a 10/10)
Or
Animal Kingdom - Rope Drop extra magic hours 8am (AK is a 10/10)

Thanksgiving week is going to be rough no matter what. (I’m sure you realize that already)

If both parks are CL 10 on Monday, I’d go to MK on Saturday. The difference in a CL 6 / 7 is negligible.

FYI – A common misconception about Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

If it were me, I would do AK on Saturday and MK on Monday. I generally find MK to be more crowded on Saturdays. Also, if it matter to you, I think you have a better chance of getting a 7DMT FP+ at 60+2 than a FOP FP+. I don’t think you will get either at 60 days.

LOL! :smiley: I have the opposite. In my experience and according to TP / /Unofficial Guide, people tend to arrive at Disney on Sundays and the first “full day” park they want to do is usually MK to get into that iconic park . But I see your point.

I, also, picked Saturday because of the predicted queue waits. I can handle more people in the park as long as Disney is fully staffed and keeping everything moving.

It’s hard without knowing more about the travel dates except “Thanksgiving”

Yeah … Saturdays and Mondays are probably the 2 worst days of the week for MK. I think Saturday attracts more locals to MK so I’d still prefer Monday to Saturday for MK but I get other side of the argument. Speaking generally, I most prefer MK on a Tuesday or Thursday.

I mentioned the dates somewhat. First full day is the Saturday November 23rd. Five straight days. Second MK day will be Wednesday Leaving on Thanksgiving.