Help with Dinner Options After AK

I’m floundering for dinner options after AK because Disney announced last week that AK will be closing an hour later at 8 PM instead of the planned 7 PM on my AK day.

I have ADR for Kona Cafe at 9:15 PM. We have a car. I don’t want to rush out of AK to make the ADR, just in case we don’t get an ILL and need to do standby for FOP before closing. Also, I want to leisurely watch the Tree of Life Awakening, though it is not scheduled right now.

Should I:

1. Go to Kona Cafe for dinner at 9:15 PM;

2. Go to Sanaa Lounge or pick up Sanaa To Go after AK (Can we even get into AK Lodge with a car and will the Lounge be full on a Saturday night in early February?);

3. Go eat somewhere at Disney Springs;

4. Just snack enough all day and don’t worry about dinner;

5. Another option?

My vote is for 2 and 3.
Sanaa for proximity.
Disney Springs for options and restaurants open late.
Hold me to it and I choose … DS. :yum:

1 Like

Can we get into AKLodge to park without an ADR?

DS. For sure. Lots of options and evening atmosphere.

1 Like

Not in my recent experience. You’d need an ADR so Sanaa to go won’t do it.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t a restaurant with a view of the tree be the best place in the World.

2 Likes

If you are going to stay at AK until it closes, I’d eat QS meals and not do a table service meal.

3 Likes

I would totally do one of them at AKL. Sanaa might be good to sneak in the Lounge and do bread service or something if you don’t want to tie yourself down. Boma or Jiko would be good too. We usually do one of them after AK. It’s a short Uber trip as well if you don’t want to drive or do the bus.

1 Like

You’ll be fine going to Kona for 9:15

It’s a quick drive, really, and even if you’re a little late they’ll seat you.

But I agree that going over to Sanaa lounge or scoring a Jiko would be pretty awesome

1 Like

This was just discussed on the Radio Harambe podcast last week.
Every year at the start of the new year they share their wishes for AK - a small, med, and large wish - as well as one wish for all of WDW. One of the hosts said she would love to see a restaurant like this happen.

Turns out it was supposed to be a thing once upon a time, though not with a view but rather underneath it (presumably where ITTBAB is). It was going to be called Roots.

3 Likes

This. Or anywhere in AK really. Nomad’s maybe? By 9:15 I would have eaten enough to not need another meal lol.

1 Like

Which restaurant has that?:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, everyone for your thoughts! There isn’t a clear winner, yet. And we can’t decide. :tired_face:

There isn’t one. She was dreaming :smiley:

2 Likes

:rofl: I f there ever is one, you will be amongst the first guests!

1 Like

And yet, we have two [2] retail establishments in view of the tree and each other.

Being the shopper that I am [not :smile:] we could easily change one store into at least a QS spot if not a TS.

2 Likes

100% agree, and lean heavily on the TS

Kind of a miss that they didn’t position Tiffins in such a way that it looks at the tree

2 Likes

Tiffins doesn’t look at anything really. I guess that’s why there’s a butterfly wall

2 Likes

This.

2 Likes