Help with dining at HS

We have eaten at Sci-fi and 50’s at HS. We wanted to try something different this time. Need opinions on Brown Derby, Mama melrose’s and Hollywood & Vine.

I was underwhelmed by both H&V and HBD. I try hard to not do Italian at WDW since I’m from the Northeast and we have excellent options down the street from my house.

50s is my go to.

1 Like

If Brown Derby is in your sights, do that!

We’ve done Mama Melrose twice for the Fantasmic dining package. It was nice but nothing special. My daughter did enjoy the spaghetti and meatballs cupcake.

This trip we are planning to head over to Epcot and eat at Teppan Edo on our HS day. I think that it will be a much more enjoyable meal.

I really liked Hollywood Brown Derby! A little on the more expensive side, but it was very relaxed. I loved the atmosphere. It was a great break from the parks. The food was amazing. We had four different appetizers and four different main course and everybody loved it. We still talk about that pumpkin soup.

I like H&V for lunch and Mama Melrose for dinner. Both were good.

HBD is excellent; by far the best food in DHS. MM is decent; their pizza is some of the better in WDW (NOT VN good). H&V is (a) a buffet, and (b) a CM - two reasons I’ll never eat there.

We have enjoyed some great meals at HBD. I think MM is fine, but nothing special. H&V is a character buffet–so the meal is more about characters than food quality.