Help- weather in 50s and 40s next Fri/Sat

HELP-Does volcano bay opens/ operates when weather is 50F/ 29F( high : low) . I have 3 park 3 day , can I change my tickets a week before the trip to 2 park 3 day- Tips please I m freaking out when checking next weeks weather

I think they close down for cooler temps. I remember them being shut down a few days last month due to cooler temps. You can call GS to confirm.

2 Likes

Do I have option to change my tickets to 2 park instead of 3 ? Will I be charged the $50 fee

1 Like

Oh boy, good question that only GS can answer. I think Universal has pretty good GS though (they once refunded us a non-refundable add-on ticket). Call and ask, the worse that can happen is they say ‘no’ :frowning:

1 Like

It’s possible if you do it now, instead of waiting. Not guaranteed though!! Universal doesn’t like “downgrading” tickets / passes.

Yes! They don’t close unless it’s close 50°F. (sometimes mid-50’s if wind chill is going to be a factor) They keep the water heated to 80°F every day. You’ll be cold when you get out if it’s windy!!

Good luck! If you call and the TM won’t help, call back to see if another TM will. Sometimes, it’s up to their discretion on how rigidly they follow policies. You’ll get one person that is by the book and another that will help you if they can!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I see WDW is now closing Blizzard Beach this weekend. That’s an indicator that VB could be following soon…

2 Likes

When I was in Orlando December 2019, and the projected high was 60s or so, VB was closed for those days.

2 Likes

So I was able to change my ticket from 3 park 3 day to 2 park 3 day ( lost the discount on hotel stay ). The TM was super helpful

2 Likes

Keep checking rates! I book my hotel stays months in advance. You can keep looking and if you see a better rate you can rebook it. I’ve saved $100s of dollars by checking right up to the week before my trip. Someone else’s last minute cancellation can mean savings for you!! GL!!

1 Like

That’s a great tip, will it work on my Vacation package ( i booked hotel and purchased park tickets as a package)?

1 Like